Friday, July 24, 2009

Girl-Guy Thoughts

Was talking to The Torturer earlier today and he brought up an old advertorial effort Nuffnang ran. One where two bloggers of different genders were to go at loggerheads with each other when it came to dating etiquette, as well as boy-girl friendships and relationships.


That brief mention got me thinking a little. I mean, I've got my stand (which I will reveal later) and all but I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say. Tell me your take on the matter, will ya?

  1. Who does the inviting?
  2. Who drives?
  3. Who picks up the tab?


UPDATE at 9:16PM on 24 July 2009: Since I was asked, perhaps I should clarify. By "picking up the tab", I mean paying for the meal/movie/outing. Whether or not it's one person paying FIRST and then having the other person pay them back or just paying with no expectation of payment in return, it's up to you. You tell me.

9 comments :

joshuaongys said...

guy do all before get together.

after get together both can do it LOL

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Point taken! Thanks!

Lissa said...

Whoever invites, drives (unless the other party insists on driving). As for paying, Dutch is best. <.<

Melvin said...

Anyone can initiate the invitation these days.

Guy should offer to drive.

Normal etiquette says, person who initiates the date pays.

But I'm inclined to agree with Joshua. Guy do all first time around. It's traditional but for good reasons.

Boon said...

hi there, i came from innit,
just dropping by...

I felt guy should be the one who does everything at the first date,
it's courtesy to be exact,

after that, it depend on what kind of date for the 2nd 1 ,
if a friend friend date, dutch ,
if potential lovebird date, guys does it all again..

Unknown said...

I agree with Joshua.

But I think it's better to go Dutch for paying before getting together =/. I mean, let's say you wanna impress a girl...and she knows it and suddenly decides to go some place super pricey... DIE DIE DIE right? =/

I went Dutch with my ex and it impressed him! (we broke up for other reason T.T)

goingkookies said...

well, we do live in a new age...

but it's always nice if the guy pays! =)

however, joshuaongys got it right..

i am a traditionalist!! hehe

Unknown said...

Well guys used to pay for the girls and stuff like that..

but as time gets modern, i feel that it's best to go DUTCH XD that way, both guy and girl won't feel guilty that they're paying so much and they would feel happy :)

Storyteller said...

1. Guy
2. Guy
3. Guy

Unless girl is uncomfortable, then guy will offer to let girl pay for the next time.

Next time:
1. guy
2. guy
3. guy

Unless girl is uncomfortable, then guy will offer to let girl pay for the next time.

Repeat

Post a Comment

Talk to me!