Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Rumah Aku Hampir Terbakar Hangus

So I attended the Nuffnang Music Bash
as Pop Princess last Saturday night.


Think I pulled it off pretty okay, actually. Considering I didn't quite prepare anything beforehand. -_- I'm such a failure at playing dress-up lah, I tell you. But I'm a whiz at coming up with last minute save-the-day solutions. Haha. I curled my hair with the magic straightener, dressed up my eyes, put stars on my face, stole some flowers from a tree, and wore a silk kerchief maxi to the party. Haha.


But I also miraculously managed to
make it there 3 hours past registration.

THREE! T-H-R-E-E! THREEEE!!!

So macho, no?

-_-


Just stop rolling your eyes and start paying attention to what I have to say lah, okay. >( Cos here's where the story gets good...


I came home after the party only to realise that I'd forgotten to turn off my aircon when I left the house earlier that night. Global warming save the planet reduce-reuse-recycle blablabla how terrible of me, I know. One day sure kena lightning strike.


But speaking of lightnings, I think I ended up
forgetting to turn off the aircon because of this:


You see, there was a horrid thunderstorm before I left the house, which caused the damn switch to keep tripping like nobody's business. I kept having to run downstairs in the dark to flip the mains back on throughout my getting-ready-to-be-Pop-Princess process. It happened while I was doing my hair and even when I was hunting for my missing shoe in the very hot, under-the-stairs store room in my full getup.


I need to stop buying shoes. -_- And I know
it's not a very good picture but I love my curls here.


But regardless of my effort, I only found one side after a full half hour of rummaging around under the stairs. Ended up having to wear another pair (non-party shoes – blergh) to the party. -_- Feddup.


By the last time I left my room to go down the stairs in my maxi, IN THE DARK (lucky never jatuh terpelanting, I tell you), I decided, "Fergeddit. I'm not running down again in the dark. This is the LAST TIME. ROAR!" So I grabbed my purse on the way out and never went upstairs again. Dug around for my shoes... (Eh, my storytelling quite bad. Jump here jump there wan. -_-) And then my ride came. So since everything was downstairs already, I just made my way out the door and left.


Thing was, in order to make it to the party 3 hours late (-_-'), I had to leave the house at about 8:35PM or 8:45PM. I came home later that night at about 1AM. That makes a grand total of 4-and-a-half hours out of home with the aircon left on...


ALONG WITH THE
MAGIC STRAIGHTENER!


@_@


*cough cough*


Haiyo! Can die or not I ask yew??? Luckily my rumah never terbakar hangus lorrrr!!! Came back and didn't even really notice till about 1:30AM or so. 5 hours. FIVE. WHOLE. FREAKING. HOURS. -_-'''


Ridiculous thing is, while my straightener was heating up,
I was camwhoring with the crew at Maison, KL. -_-


From Left to Right: Australian Angel (my VVIP guest for the night),
Yours Truly in her getup and YapThomas (fellow blogger and ride).


Thank goodness my aircon was on, eh? It's actually quite amazing. Cos if my current aircon was anything like my aircon back in Penang, it should have automatically turned off when the power went out. But it didn't! And because it didn't, the hair straightener didn't get as hot as it could have been in a room with no ventilation and no air conditioning.


Phew. I tell you, my God
has my bum covered everytime.

.
.
.
.


And then I did my math
and counted the odds.


I've owned a straightener for about 5 years now. Only really started whipping it out in the last year or two. (Vanity, Vanity, thy name is Vanity.) That's me leaving it on by accident 1 day out of 365 days a year, out of the 5 years I've owned a straightener.


Meaning...
1 ÷ [(365 X 5) + 1 extra day for leap year]
= 1 ÷ (1,825 + 1)
= 1 ÷ 1,826
= 0.0005476

That's a 0.05479% room for error
based on my usage of a hair straightener.


Hmmm. Not too shabby. I could live with those numbers, I guess. Less chance of me leaving my straightener on that it is for a condom to break. Haha.


But wait...
55 years ÷ 4
= 13.75 leap years
= 13.75 extra days above the 365 days a year I get for living another 55 years

So...
extra days + (days in a year X years I have left to live)
= 13.75 + (365 X 55)
= 13.75 + 20,075
= 20,088.75 days left to live

And then...
(Number of days left to live) X (Percentage of room for error)
= 20,088.75 X 0.05479%
= 11.006626 days

Rounded up, the final result is 11 days.

Paham? I agak tak paham.
Nevermind. Lemmie explain.


Based on that percentage I calculated earlier, if I live another 55 years and make it to 80, that means I'll probably forget to turn my straightener off another 11 times in my life. That's 11 chances for me to burn my house down. HAHA.


Of course, there are other factors we need to consider as well. Like how the frequency of use changes with different hairstyles I adopt. But considering I'm so uber-boring when it comes to hairstyles (T_T), I doubt that would be a factor lah. Or what if I become old then grey then bald leh? (CHOITOUCHWOOD!) Then there would obviously be no need for me to use a straightener cos no more hair wat. Or if I find myself having arthritis and joint pains then being unable to lift a straightener? Aiyah, a lot of factors lah.


So, yeah... decreasing frequency of use
kinda lowers the numbers a little.


BUT... memory loss on the other hand boosts forgettability so I may just as well start forgetting to turn it off more and more often! -_-' So... I guess there's no certainty in anything. Haha. The memory loss would so totally negate any minusing of the 11 days I made earlier.


Plus, minus, plus, minus – in the end, all same same.
Sure one day bakar rumah. Sendiri buat arson. Haha.

.
.
.
.


*blink blink*

CHOI!!

*touch wood*

*wear red underwear*

*throw salt over shoulder*

*don't sweep floor EVER*


---------


Dear parents of mine,


The "ordeal" is over, the house is in order, I am alive, and all is well. It's been 2 days since. Freaking out is no longer necessary at this point in time. Thank you for your cooperation and kind consideration.


Your un-charred, still-very-putih daughter
who hasn't forgotten her Math,
Pam Song

32 comments :

Jeffro said...

ROFLMAO~! xD
#1: fwah.. kaya-nyer.. 5 hours..

#2: glad that your curls could come along.. LOL

#3: yesh, you can have garage sale for shoes now.. i help find buyers for a 10% cut of the sales =D

#4: Woah.. YOU DID MATHS! *applause* and I dun even understand half the calculations.. *blink blink*

#5: dun worry la, i'm pretty much sure after today, the chances of that carelessness like that happening again is reduced.. coz we'll remind you of it.. =P

#6: if you grow bald and old one day, don't worry you're not along.. you have us bunch of OLD friend growing bald too.. or you can start saving hair for the future? LOL kidding.. =)

#7: wear red underwear, whatever for?? no matter how bad it is.. alwez sweep the floor.. cleanliness is a must.. xD

#8: yesh putih like snow white.. =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– I like lists.

#1: Hmmm. Kaya? Why? Cos got money pay elektrik?

#2: Yeah, I am, too. They're pretty easy to work out now. I don't take quite as long to get them styled that way anymore. =)

#3: NO WAY! I ain't selling my shoes. Anyways, the ones behind me aren't mine lah. If you look closely, they're guy shoes.

#4: Eh, my Math quite ok wan okayyy.

#5: Haha. How you all wanna remind me wor?

#6: We're all ageing lah. Dammit. How ah? I NEED TO GROW YOUNGER!

#7: Hahaha. Cos they say red underwear lucky ma. And cannot sweep floor cos when you sweep you sweep away the luck. Haiyo, you chinese or not wan? Never hear all the cerita dongeng meh?

#8: Haha. At least now not to bad already lah. Improved di. I've been going out in the sun a lot more often these days. Need to sun myself. =p

jack said...

wooiii... u forgotten to state its a loooong post~! u had me gone just when u start de math.. (=__=).. latez already me go sleep..

P.S.to be continue..

Melsong said...

That's what happens when you leave everything to the last minute lo. You really have to stop procrastibating.

And stop your ritual of running in and out, and in and out before you finally walk out the door.

erin wong said...

Huah!! Mummeh in da house!!! Ah girl beware! Wahahahah!
Hello aunty, how u doing?? =D

Farnee sial post lar u.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– I SHALL NOT "PROCRASTIBATE"!!! *grin*

And I can't help it with the running in and out and in and out lah. It's natural wannn!!!


ATTN: the MUA
– Haha. Yeah. See where I get my kickass attitude?

gracielau said...

why you put ugly picture of meeeeeeeee!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– NEWERRRR!!! That was the only picture we took in a group of three that I haveeeeee!!! =(

gracielau said...

but but but but....
PHOTOSHOP THOMAS IN LAAA!!!
or or or...
COMPENSATE WITH A NICER LOOKING ONE AFTER THAT MAAAAH!!...

*sobs*

saham jatuh

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– Eh, what saham you talking about? YOU'RE TAKEN, WOMAN!!! Only single girls need to worry about the bloody stock market. -_-

Wait... You'll love me in a bit. =p

gracielau said...

ok. i trust u.
EH! makan bila!
esther very sad u never see her.
we go out makan one day with her also k..

yapthomas said...

"procrastibating" ??!? haha

and Pam, I think you need to put a additional notes to the existing "turn off lights" beside the main door.. haha

Grace: Saham jatuh pun 1 cent aje lah..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– Haha. She lah! Ish. Haha. You all not here this weekend also. -_- So how wor? WE GO OUT MAKAN THEN GO SHOPPING!!! Come!


ATTN: yapthomas
– Yes. Procrastibating. =p

Jeffro said...

Good~

#1: yeah.. aircon pasang lama ma.. =P

#2: well once you've curled it up couple of times, i guess it becomes easier in a way.. i think.. can become Blackielocks.. or [insert color]ielocks =D

#3: Ooo.. yah now I notice.. probably too "early" to open my eyes wide enough.. =P

#4: well i can tell.. those maths were good (with the help of calculator, i know), but i thought you din like maths.. =)

#5: well even though there's no msn, Gchat, or phone no. there's always your blog comment =D so you update us with any incoming events, we'll say "RUMAH MU ON API" =P

#6: Hmmm meditate first, do lotsa masking.. until there's other solution.. or you could just hang out with us young people.. and feel young.. =P

#7: err.. imma outcasted chinese.. i dun even go for ching ming.. only celebrate CNY cause ang pow and friends.. =D red underwear luck? i need to stock up a pile of them first.. xD

#8: haha.. so many wanna get their skins white, you going to tan it.. patut la banyak orang jeles.. =D

Melsong said...

Procrastibating or procrastinating, you know what I mean. Finger running too fast ma.

BTW I saw the pic and thought that your Australian Angel is getting more beautiful by the day. I actually put that in my earlier comment but decided to tell you so you can tell her. Should have left it in after all.

Unknown said...

Were u dressed as Mandy Moore or Jessica Simpson, pop princess?

I would like to quote from a song, "The room is on fire as she's fixing her hair" - it doesn't mean literally the room is incinerating but juz to say you're hot.

From your strong computational powers, have you figured out a reason for your bumbling memory loss and forgetfulness? You Bumblebee.


P.S. The aircon was without the "starter" switch right?
Directly connected to the power socket?
Erm if so, the next time a thunderstorm hovers, u should switch off your a/c. The "starter" serves as a circuit breaker in the event of a power surge or lightning striking the ground.

Anonymous said...

Nice Curls, Nice Dress but eh...Converse shoe pulak?! Macam tak ngam....Nmn no one can see that...=P

The maths super Geng! But eh...the hair straighter has thermal cutback mechanismla...not a worry actually but waste of energy nia lor.

Oh...last one...you look Awesome! Thomas very Cowboy & Gracie dunno look like Queen from Egypt! ^_<

Melsong said...

Something's been bothering me ever since I saw the second picture in this post. Why is Thomas standing so close to you wan? He should understand a guy must not encroach on a girl's personal space ma.

And what if Mr Right happens to see the picture and jumps to the wrong conclusion?

erin wong said...

Wuuuuuu wuuuuuu! YapThomas beware!!! Wahahahhaha!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– ME IS YOUNG PEOPLE ALSO LAH! I sleep less hours than you guys okay!!! HAH!

And no, I don't like the sun. Cos my skin doesn't quite tan. It burns. And burning hurts like hell.


ATTN: Melsong
– She pretty horrr??? Hahaha. Her bf caught her in her prime. =)


ATTN: Chris
– I was dressed as Pop Princess herself! Burn, baybeh, burn!

And from a Mathematical standpoint, my memory loss and forgetfulness is the result of this:

Things to remember + Lack of sleep
= Nothing is remembered

And no, the aircon didn't have a starter switch. Or wait. Did it? I dunno lah. Everything's behind the curtains. HAHA.


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– I didn't wear those shoes also. I wore heels, thankyouverymuch.

And not bad right, my Math. HAHA. Che-wah, bangga!

So you mean to tell me that if I leave my straightener on it won't spark off a fire? COOLS!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT STANDING TOO CLOSE!

I don't know what it is with these people lah, Mee. Like never heard of the 30cm rule liddat.

And a lot of bloggers are actually quite touchy. They wanna put arm around shoulder and waist and all that when they take pictures. Always makes me feel uncomfortable somewhat. -_- And all of them are killing my chances of snagging Mr Right by doing all this nonsense. ROAR!

Maybe I should blog this someday. Hmmm. Will think about it.


ATTN: the MUA
– Haha. He kena already. But really lah. I'm generally not a touchy person with the opposite sex so... it's usually me just trying not to tell people off for fear of offending them. Maybe next time should just let 'er rip.

Jun said...

lol
blog entry of the week

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jun
– Haha. Thank you, thank you. Please tell my mother that. HAHA.

yapthomas said...

Whoa...??
What have I done now...???

OKAY! 30mm next time..
Wait..
I meant.. 30cm...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Hah! Tau pun nak takut. Terima kasih atas kerjasama anda.

Jeffro said...

Yeah, there's no doubt about you being young.. but do you know that lack of sleep contributes in aging process too? i mean it speeds up physically.. You see me looking older than I am, I'm proof~

haha.. yeapz.. well there's alwayz the other choice of using a tanning machine.. but i dunno how much that'll cause you.. =P or i've heard something about having vacation and enjoying the beach breeze still tans you.. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Yeah, you CAN get a tan from sea breeze. But then again, you can also burn from it. -_-

Jeffro said...

LOL.. you do?? *scratches head* Ooo I see.. Sun tan lotion of no help? (heard it voids the burn, though it does help much in voiding the tanning)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haven't tried it lah. Nanti keluar like lobster liddat then die. -_-

Unknown said...

Its juz genetics, you dont produce enuff of that thing, *forgot what its called*, to become tan so whenever you sun, you burn faster than others. But u still need that 10-15mins of sun a day. I got 2 frens juz like you.

And yes, we're in the 25th century, the rule should be a one-and-a-half cars' length. Wider-screen cameras will be invented to put that rule to the test.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Melanin? =p

Unknown said...

HAHAHA, yes! Melanin!

It will give you a pale pale skin becoz you become sick if you take too much melanin tainted milk!



... Actually hor its Melanotan.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!