Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Won The Tickets! But... HELP!!!

Came home to discover that number people tried getting in touch with me yesterday. All of them failed to reach me lah, of course. Cos I accidentally left my mobile at home. =p (Whoopsie.) Checked my missed calls – a 11 of them. Read my messages – a panicked one from Mee, a confused one from Tim Tams, an invitation for dinner from Duh Roads, and a pleasantly surprising one from The Torturer.


"Pam u won urself a pair
of mpo tix for tmr 8pm!
Got strict dress code
refer to website k. Thx"

– The Torturer


Wow. I won? Haha. Looking back, I think it's pretty funny cos I didn't even know they were running this competition in the first place. Mel0dramatic just told me about it one night. He was preparing his entry. So, Nuffnang aside, I guess I've got him to thank for this. =)


I didn't give the competition much thought actually. I mean, I'm all for good music and a little bit of culture but... I guess I thought I'd never get the tickets. So it was more of me writing in for kicks. Haha.


I submitted waaay later than most people, I think. Nuffnang's post went up a whole two days before I started writing. Usually with these things, time is of essence. But I did make the deadline lah. Sent off my submission before heading out for lunch the Tuesday past. That's the last day for submission. (Procrastination rawks!) Took me all of 2 minutes or something. Haha. Pakai hentam only. =p


But hey, I still won myself two (2) tickets to go watch a concert by the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Can't complain about that. Thing is... now I headache cos ALAMAK, WHAT THE HECK DO I WEAR??? (Apparently the dress code is super strict lah.) This is what the website says:


DRESS CODE: Long-sleeved batik/lounge suit

But but but... that's for guysssss!!! Girls leh?!?

Does anybody know? Help!
(I really don't know why I somehow always seem
to get myself into these situations. So fail. -_-)


By the way, if you were wondering what I wrote in my entry, just click on the pic below. It's a screenshot of my email to Nuffnang. =)




Oh, and if you're one of the
other 9 winners, see you tonight!

11 comments :

Melvin said...

congrats!

yapthomas said...

Bet you would like the MPO experience..

Ren said...

I IZ DA ONE DAT SIT BESIDE CHOO :P

renaye said...

good for u~

renaye
http://renaye.nutang.com

Pork Chop said...

i bet u gonna comment about taking pictures in the hall later?! :P hehe

ooh i iz da one dat sit beside ren?!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Mel0dramatic
– Awww, thanks! =)


ATTN: yapthomas
– I kinda did. Except for one little detail. Haha. Will blog about it later. Ren and PinkPorkChop tau. =p


ATTN: Ren
– YESH! YESH! I WEMEMBER!!!


ATTN: Loke
– Thank yewwww. =)


ATTN: Pork Chop
– OF COURSE I'm going to write about what happened. Hmmph! They wait!!! Haha.

Jeffro said...

Woohoo! I saw you there.. LOL.. *okay that was.. no no.. i mean IS lame*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– TAU PUN! Haha.

Huai Bin said...

Check out mine:

I have to admit that I’m not very well acquainted with the fine arts. I can’t differentiate Van Gogh from Matisse and Bach and Chopin sounds similar to me. I haven’t heard of either Tippett or Haydn and I hear that to move around in higher circles, an appreciation of fine classical music is a must.

I am a very ambitious person and have taken up golf (at least at the putting range) when I read that most business deals are done on the green. I hope I can get the tickets and gain a working knowledge of classical music so I can have something to talk about with the Datuks and Datins. I’m pretty sure they don’t listen to Eminem. ;)

Despite being rather unrefined in my musical tastes, I would like to kaizen myself and get acquainted with classical music. I’ve never been stepped foot into Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS before and I would love the opportunity to stifle my cough, avoid clearing my throat and sit completely silent and still for an extended period of time.

I’m sure it’ll teach me patience if not an appreciation for culture. ;)

I was supposed to be there but some dude rear ended me. :S

TianChad田七摄影 said...

Harlo Pam Song~
Sorry for the wrong pronunciation yesterday!! ;p

Picture will send to you after I got time to organize them~

You look pretty with the dres, dont worry ;p

Jeffro said...

Yes Yes I Tau.. That's for my nickname... =P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!