Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicken À La Carte By Ferdinand Dimadura

Of the 3,600 films submitted to the 56th Berlin International Film Festival, this video won the Green Unplugged Film Fest People's Choice Award. I can see why.




DIRECTOR: Ferdinand Dimadura
GENRE: Drama | PRODUCED IN: 2005


SYNOPSIS: This film is about the hunger and poverty brought about by Globalization. There are 10,000 people dying everyday due to hunger and malnutrition. This short film shows a forgotten portion of the society. The people who live on the refuse of men to survive. What is inspiring is the hope and spirituality that never left this people.

[Source]


And in case you were wondering... Yes. I have been feeling very Big Picture these past two days. My mind's been consumed by thoughts of equality, democracy, basic human rights and the like. (Maybe it's cos I killed a cat. -_-) And after all that thinking, I've come to realise that I. Want. Change. (So Obama, I know.) But in order to do that, I need to start opening my eyes to all that is happening in the world around me. Can't stay katak in my tempurung no more.


And neither should you guys.
(If you haven't already cracked your tempurung
wide open and jumped out, of course.)


But change is your call, not mine. Just like how bombarding you with Save-The-Earth messages is my call, not yours. Haha.


So why bother to blog about it?
– some have asked.


Well, because it serves to remind me of the plight of others and of everything that's wrong in this crazy, messed-up world I live in. Because of that, and mostly because of this:

If all it takes from me is a little bit of space on my blog to spur change of thought, I'll do it. If even one person reads what I have to say, sees what I have to show and allows his/her mind a paradigm shift for the better, I'd have made a difference in my community of influence.

And to me, that small difference is everything in the whole scheme of things. Because it's that small difference that will eventually change the big picture.

12 comments :

ling said...

Tinki.
I have watched the vid clip prior to your post.
It really tugs at the heart to see such poverty that drives people to celebrate over a dinner of leftovers.
Others' leftovers at that.
-
Many foodstores boast "prepared fresh daily" and other similar taglines.
The grim reality is that much of the leftovers are thrown out - not even donated to charity/homeless/beggars.

Melissa said...

Well said. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: lydiascl
– Hey lydiascl. It's good stuff, huh? And yes, it was heart-wrenching to see how underprivileged parts of the world actually is.

And I know what you mean about how nothing is donated to charity. Did you know what Dunkin Donuts THROWS AWAY all their leftover donuts at the end of the day?


ATTN: Melissa
– Glad you liked it. =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

*wow! 2nd critical thinking post by TT!!! in as many posts! Though your revelation of the lingering cat roadkill muddled up your head to good effect, i think??

------------------------
If all it takes from me is a little bit of space on my blog to spur change of thought, I'll do it. If even one person reads what I have to say, sees what I have to show and allows his/her mind a paradigm shift for the better, I'd have made a difference in my community of influence.
---------------------------------

I was trying to influence you to do just that!!!, when i sent you a question on the Evolution, Darwin Theory, Sir David Attenborough and the whole religious thing, when you said the pastor mentioned religion based on science and facts, bla bla bla. Of course sadly, it didnt work and my failure to motivate. Then the cat stepped in and changed your mind!

The kitty did not perish in vain, I'll tell you that. It should be given tempura treat wherever it is now. Keep up the good work!

Overall, I'd say its a personal victory for TinkiTalks for posing critical questions to the readers. It's about time, relli! and with the blog space and the audience, the demographic, it can be put to good use to engage minds. Quoted from here

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Yes yes, this is post #2 this week. Haha. Not too shabby, eh? =p Some good did come of that kitty's death. Not that I'm relishing it, of course. =)

I really wanted to publish that post regarding the science of Christianity but... it's sooooo long! And so time consuming. I'll get to it sooner or later though. Don't worry. Till then, hold on to your panties and try not to poop your pants. =)

You a Christian?

Unknown said...

but but but... I dont wear panties and I dont soil myself too.

Anyway, its just a food for thought, not relli demanding a response from you, what i relli had hoped for was u posing those tough questions and writing the critical current events post, you've done it.

Let's just say I like science.

Mahiyain said...

I like this shorfilm. are you a filipina?

Unknown said...

yes, she is. Her real name is Maria, her nick name is Pam.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– GATAL LAH YOU!

And I like Science, too. And critical thinking. And logical reasoning. But...

GATAL LAH YOU!


ATTN: Mahiyain
– Haha. I like it too. Very touching. And don't mind Chris. He's talking nonsense. =p

I'm Malaysian. You're from the Philippines?

Unknown said...

What O? I was juz tryin to help mah.

Mahiyain said...

@pam

Yes im a filipino. How are you and chris related? :)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!