Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Honesty Is Good, Acceptance Of Reality Is Healthy

I believe that McCann Business School has done me some good. As a result of Day 1 alone, I've begun assessing and reevaluating a whole bunch of things in my life. Doing a little bit of stock-taking, so to speak, so I don't end up with an empty shelf and an empty bank account (figuratively speaking) when I meet my Maker. I'm throughly checking myself in terms of things like...


What I want... and what I need.
Who I look up to... and who I wanna be.
What I've been doing... and what I hope to achieve.

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.


The journey's begun for me. And to fully maximise the outcome of this path of self-discovery, I'll be keeping track of my growth by logging my thoughts. And since a great majority of my thoughts are pretty much logged right here on Tinki Talks, by default, I'm gonna be letting you guys in on some of my very personal, very intimate self-assessments. So...


Be kind and constructive with the comments
lest I kill myself cos what you say will mean a lot.


For, if you didn't already realise, you'll be commenting on thoughts that spring from a mind that has painfully decided to step out of its comfort zone so as to move towards personal growth. All, in an effort to discover-slash-rediscover its owner.


Welcome aboard The Pam Project.

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Stock taking? In a Bear market? Unit trust leh? Not that I'm investing in any at the moment.

U wanna support "AIU"?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– *blink blink*

I didn't get a word of that. -_- What's a Bear market? And what's AIU?!

§pinzer said...

and here you are talking about buying stocks. or were we mistaken? :P

Unknown said...

Bear Market, well, remember before Tong Tong Chiang, you'd made a banner with the chart going down, which made "Meeee" spat out the tangerine she was munching when she first saw the banner and prompted her to show you a lesson in "superstition in denial", cue *I'm not superstitious but its pantang to have a downtrend chart*.

Sorry for the long winded-ness, essentially the downtrend chart signifty the bear market. Bull Market is the opposite (bullish, positive). Here's Investopedia's definition, Bear Market.


Most people will tell you in a depressed market, stock market value plummets and it is. Confidence is low, not much activity goin on, commodity prices (gold, and other minerals) fall as a result of the inactivity, so investing in commodity might not be that sound. However, there is a relationship between Gold and US dollars. When US economy goes well, the US dollars is stable and strong (not volatile), but when it goes bad, USD falls and investors lose that stability and turns to gold as a sort of stable value benchmark, so gold price goes up.

Think of Unit Trust as a bunch of venture capitalist going out to invest in property, mortgages and securities. AIA offers such package as well. Ermmm, AIU is the new, rebranded name of AIA.

Err, googled this; http://kclau.com/investment/how-to-trade-stock-at-bursa-malaysia-investing-basic/.

Anyway, dont leap into it without the proper mindset and homework. Why dont you join a Multi-Level High Return *cough* Ponzi Scheme, you'd probly get your return faster but need to bail out quick before it collapses, juz kidding. I know there are still some lurking around, like one from Mainland, cant remember the name now.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: §pinzer
– Haha. I see we're going for smart comebacks. Heh.


ATTN: Chris
– Whoa. Econs class. But thanks! Now I know the diff between bear and bull markets. (Thank goodness I kinda like econs. Haha.)

And no lah. I don't have dispensable income to play with at the mo. Wouldn't throw my money into any schemes. Save first.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!