Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Take It All In

It'd been raining all night. So heavily, in fact, that I found myself stranded at KFC. You see, I parked outside and I forgot all about bringing my trusty, black, Snoopy umbrella down with me cos I was too busy racing Duh Roads for yummy Hot & Spicy (ribs only, thankyouverymuch). And that was before I remembered she prefers Original Recipe, of course.


Finally made it back to the office an hour or so later and got to tapping the keys and clicking the mouse. Watched fireworks go boom boom boom for all of 15 minutes and then went back to tapping and clicking. And by that, I meant snapping pictures of the back of my head and blogging about it. Left the office a little before 3AM and enjoyed a quiet ride home with just my thoughts for company.


When I stepped out of the car after coming home from a seemingly endless Monday at work, the night air was still damp and cool. And it smelt of firework smoke. I could even see the smoke where streetlights pierced through the dust. Nice. I took in a deep breath. Ahhh, I love nights like these. Makes a hard day worth every single thing you put into it. Especially when I get to walk into the house accompanied by the chirping of crickets I hear but don't see.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!