Thursday, January 29, 2009

Three Guys & A Girl

Let me start off by saying:
I'm not that girl.

*snort*


And those three guys and girl, they were gambling playing cards. At work. Right behind-slash-beside me. All afternoon. Haha. =p


I was asked (begged, actually – haha – they needed another player) to join in but... nah, I can never bring myself to gamble. I can't take the risk that grips my pocket. Seriously. I don't mind spending hundreds on food, clothes and shoes but even if it's losing 20sen to friends over a bunch of badly shuffled red and black cards – NEVAR!


I think it's the Hakka blood in me. Haha. Too kiasi (read: takut mati) about risking my next meal. And perhaps it's the SingLing-slash-Canto-slash-Hokkien in me – too kiam siap (read: stingy) to loose money. And the islander in me, too – so kiasu (read: takut kalah) and so unwilling to let others win. Haha.


But then again, it's not just about the money. Thinking back, I've noticed that I've just never been a big fan of playing cards. I mean, I know the rules and I'll play it lah. But only when I have to. Or when it helps put some laughter into the bonding session I'm having. Haha. Dunno lah. Maybe I'm just lazy. I like passive entertainment better. I'd take a day out at the movies or a night by the beach, looking at stars, above using my brain for card games anyday.


Oh well, that's me – the non-gambler.
And I'm surrounded by gamblers card players.


The four delinquents.

6 comments :

Resurrected said...

I also don't usually gamble. Prefer to use my luck elsewhere =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Haha. Like, with girls??? =p

Resurrected said...

Don't need luck for that =P

Unknown said...

"Three Guys, A Girl, A Nun and A Makeshift Poker Table", how bout that?

I dont tink being Hakka is kiasi and shy away from gamblin, well, at least for the young generation like at our age. I play it for bonding too, becoz,
whenever i win much, i am forced to spend it all and belanja the same ppl whom had lost their money to... me. So i'll neva make a fortune outta it.

My fren won Rm300++ for 3 hours of work last nite. Not bad.

test said...

OMG! playing at the office ! must tell your boss!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Wooo. That wan only need skill issit? Haha.


ATTN: Chris
– Babi, you calling me a nun!?


ATTN: Spectre
– Haha. Fergeddit. My boss also play. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!