NOTE: No spoilers ahead. (Just a whole lot of movie bashing. =p) Thread without caution.
Got me free preview passes to the movie premier of The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor, thanks to JC. (And The N Man, his wife and TV3, of course. =p)
And sure, I'm thankful and all for the free pass BUT lemmie tell you this: I wouldn't pay good money to watch it. No, siree. Here's why:
- It was lame. Like, all over, from beginning to end.
- There were a hundred and one inconsistencies in the movie. Especially when it came to the character's language of choice when communicating with the other characters.
- The characters were very poorly developed.
- The Mandarin in the movie was just so koyak. Even Michelle Yeoh's Mandarin was 'off', so don't even get me started on the ang mor boys' mandarin. Atrocious!
- Jet Li lost all his years of accumulated Wong Fei Hong cool points in this one movie.
- The CG was lousy. Very fake.
- It was soooo corny. Especially the cloudy ending. (You'll know what I'm talking about once you watch it.) *rolls eyes*
- The fighting was pathetic. So slow! My experiences in pillow fighting are, by far, more ruthless.
- The conversations seemed very scripted and unnatural.
- The love stories were not very well developed and were not believable.
- A critical scene in the movie that resulted in the whole adventure was censored.
- It was predictable throughout. Very predictable.
So, you know what movie premiers are for? They're for you to tell your friends that the movie sucks and that they should just save their money and not go. =p