Monday, August 18, 2008

Ellen Page Is Crazy Fantastic In Juno

Watched Juno this afternoon and I must say that it's my favourite drama. THIS. YEAR. No kidding.


Ellen Page's performance was awesome throughout. (She's pretty nice to look at in a girl-next-door-kinda-way, too.) The dry humour and bits of sarcasm were awesome! So my kinda thing. I loved her in Hard Candy – a sick 2006 psychological thriller that thrilled me to the bone – but this time, she outdid herself. Like, totally. She totally deserved the Oscar nomination for this role, too. T-o-t-a-l-l-y. (I can't stop saying 'totally'. Why's that? I don't know. Totally no idea.)




Loved the dialogue so much that I thought I'd leave some stray bits of it here to inspire some thoughts should I ever find the need to revisit this post in the future.




Will be leaving some quotes,
too, while I'm at it. Enjoy! =)


--------------


Juno: I just need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever.

Mac (Juno's Dad): Well, it's not easy, that's for sure. I mean, uh, I know I don't have the best track record in the world, I know, but... I've been with your step mother for 10 years now. And um, I'm proud to say that we're very happy. Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome – what have you. The right person's still gonna think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

(And then I liked the way the conversation
between Juno and her dad ended. *smiles*)

Juno: Yeah. Yeah, and I think I've found that person.

Mac (Juno's Dad): Yeah, sure you have. Your old D-A-D. You know I'll always be there to love you, support you – no matter what kind of pickle you're in. Obviously.


--------------


Teaser poster. I like a lot a lot. Puns are supposed to be so yesterday already but I still like 'em. Probably more than I should. -_-


--------------


Thundercats are go!

– Juno (When her waterbag burst)


--------------


Doctors are sadists who like to play God
and watch lesser people scream.

– Bren (Juno's Stepmom)


--------------


Someday you'll be back here, honey.
On your terms.

– Mac (Juno's Dad)


--------------


Vanessa, if you're still in,
I'm still in. Juno.

– Juno to Vanessa (On a sheet of yellow paper)


--------------


"I don't think that anyone can see.
Anyone else... but you."

– Juno & Bleeker (Singing together
at the end of the movie
)




--------------


I want someone who'll stick and think the sun shines out of my ass no matter what. And I want someone who'll love me enough to leave chalk-written messages on my front step and put a hundred orange Tic Tacs in my mailbox, just because. =)


15 comments :

zecount said...

eh eh pinjam me i nak .... but plz dun tell me u dl it ah

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– I dun have the disc wor. Watched it in Pg. My dad dl wan. =p

estherlauderlyn said...

ME TEWWW! oh oh the soundtrack the soundtrack? nothing to say about the soundtrack? the very oddly dark yet cheery songs? no?

And i laughed when she exclaimed 'thundercats are gooo!' but I dont really geddit :/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– I LURVE THE SOUNDTRACK, TOO!!! It's awesome-ness!

I laughed throughout most of the movie. And was totally emo through some. Haha. The dialogue was good lah. Very good. And she's so direct and blunt. Love it.

Ahhh, the wonders of teenage love. =)

JYJL said...

Wah, u'd bring back the memories when I watch this film. I like that conversation between jun and her dad too. rocks! Almost make me wanna sembahyang that script writer.

zecount said...

thundercats is a cartoon of th 1980's .. it was the tagline i think ... dun remember liao

Unknown said...

the world witnessed a sharp rise in teenage pregnancies, soon after this movie was released. World population was at its peak, so to speak.

yes, U shout "Thundercats"(3 times) and then say "GOOoooo", had the plastic sword, the logo is abit of a pop culture thingy, vintage e-stores has 'em.

Watchout for Tropics Thunder.

estherlauderlyn said...

of course i knew the thundercats! like the whole he-man and jem and dungeons and dragons era. wah damn old school man.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JYJL
– So nice hor? I love it. Very REAL.


ATTN: zecount
– Whoa. Bimbo moment. Of course she knows lah, Zecount. Haha. We just dunno why Juno chose that. Why not "Go, Go, Power Rangers!" or something else? Haha.


ATTN: Chris
– Issit??? I didn't realise that. Sigh. And what's Tropics Thunder? I know they've been talking about Thundercats The Movie or something for many years now but... no news di wan.


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Actually, were you from the Thundercats era? I know your sis sure lah. But you leh?

Unknown said...

I was juz joking about the whole world population stuff (n me sure u knew). But it got some stick somewhere (US or UK) for glamoring teen preggers.

Tropic (sorry not plural) Thunder, i juz found out knocked Dark Knight from No.1. Its a drama bout some soldiers tryin to fight a narcotics war against an Indochinese country. It might turn out to be drama of the year, haha.

Didnt hear anything bout Thundermeows the movie. Dragonball got la and got a glimpse of the poster. Looks like another Speed Racer type movie from the surface.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Yes yes.

And I can't believe that Dark Knight got bumped. YOU SURE OR NOT??? So pantang!!!

And they're filming Dragonball The Movie?! Dang. Too many comic movies these days lah. A bit jelak di.

zecount said...

hey how would i know rite??? just being kind what

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Hahahaha. True, true. Nice lah, nice. You very nice. =p

Joseph Li said...

The way they ended the movie was really sweet, singing as a couple. Too bad they lost their Oscars to some stupid boring show.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JoeJoe
– Yeah, I loved that, too! So sweet! And the song is really nice, too. I downloaded the album already. Good stuff. Very indie. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!