Friday, August 01, 2008

Carpe Diem

"All men want to excel, but few are willing to pay the price."

– Ps Robb Thompson, Daily Success Key, 31 July 2008

-------------

Sacrifice – this principle stands true in any areas of life – diets, stronger relationship with God, finances, intimacy between marriage spouses, etc. I have discovered that life doesn't usually give us what we want. Life usually gives to us what we deserve. Or perhaps I can state it this way: Life gives us what we work for, not what we think we should have.

-------------

And I believe that what this passage says is true. You see, as humans, we're just so naturally lazy. We're naturally selfish, and we're naturally narcissistic. It's the way of the world and, wrong or inappropriate as it may be, a whole lot of us have settled comfortably into living life that way.


We dream of successful careers. We imagine beautiful relationships. And we think of happy families. But that's about all we do – dream, imagine and think. We forget that it's not enough. There's more that's required of us. And that's Effort. Effort to put in the Time, effort to carry through with the Commitment... and effort to strive to make all that possible through Sacrifice.


I need to stop stopping at just dreaming, imagining and thinking. I have to go beyond all that. I have to dig deeper into myself and start putting in the effort. I need to stop fantasizing and start working for the things I want. In life, in love and in my career. (The three things that matter to me most, and that I hold closest to my heart.) For success in one or two areas but not in the other, does not yet qualify me as a success. It's time to seize the day, for tomorrow is already a day too late. Indeed, it's carpe diem time!


p/s: Should you be interested, you can click here to subscribe to Ps Robb Thompson's Daily Success Key.

7 comments :

zecount said...

hey that's my uni's motto!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. I think it's the motto for a lot of organizations. =p

zecount said...

copycat ... every single one of them

JYJL said...

wow! u're inspired! bravo to u!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– HAHAHA! Denial. Every bit of you. =p


ATTN: JYJL
– Haha. Yes, I am. Very much so. =)

Anonymous said...

Chewah! Tinki became more and more like classy WOMAN! You know....women look the best and attractive when they behave that way! Bravo! Keep Going!... =)Haha...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. Thank you, thank you. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!