Monday, July 28, 2008

Destiny

"It is not what has been done to you that seals the fate of your life, but how you respond to injustice that determines your destiny."

– Ps Robb Thompson, Daily Success Key, 28 July 2008


You got the quote.
Now, it's time for the story...

-------------

The Hebrew farmer's preparations did not always go according to plan. Wind, hail, mildew, hot desert winds, or invasion by locusts, cankerworms, and caterpillars may have devastated his crops. When this happened, did that farmer give up and curse God?


When life doesn't go the way you planned, step back. How can you righteously respond to the situation? Remember, you are in charge of your attitude, so you cannot blame your response on anyone, or anything, but yourself. Understanding why you feel the way you do can relieve a lot of your frustration. Filter your emotions through God's Word. Find out how Jesus would respond. What would He do in your situation?

Attitude is not based on circumstances or people. It's all about how we choose to respond! A wife cannot blame her depression on the way her husband treats her. An employee can't blame his bad attitude on the boss.

When his crops failed, the Hebrew farmer always had another season in which to plant, a divine opportunity to start all over again. There's always something positive to focus upon – discover it, and you are on your way to a great future!

-------------

Ripped all that off an email subscription I receive daily. (Click here to subscribe to it. Take my word for it, it's good.) These little doses of scripture and biblically sound teaching are what's been tiding me through this season of my life. And I really feel that this particular message really hit home. I read, I understand... and I will obey.


--------------------
Daily Confession
--------------------

Father, I thank You that as David encouraged himself in You, so I will encourage myself in You. I understand what has been done to me does not seal the fate of my life; but how I respond to injustice determines my destiny. Therefore I choose to respond with integrity and love.


I shall respond with INTEGRITY and LOVE.
That's my part. The rest is His.


---------------
Isaiah 40:31
---------------

"but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

– New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

9 comments :

infinitium said...

glad you're feeling better. hang in there!

*tight squeeze*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Haha. Thanks to you guys! =)

zecount said...

prayer answered ? ... dun be hasty ya ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Yeah. Prayer answered. =p

zecount said...

;) good for you tinki

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Thanks, Happy God Invoker. =p

AA said...

Yup...

We've gotta Fight Back! Fight Back!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Andrew Chua
– Haha. Fighting, fighting. =p

AA said...

some see life as a journey, some see it as a pilgrimage, some see it as a race, a vacation, a party, an orgy, or a battle...

wat do you see life as?

read somewhere that all life is war... even those whom you suppose really love you... they are trying to push their own agenda somehow... they might not really wanna harm you... but they'd try to push their agendas ahead of yours...

you think this makes sense? i think it does 95% of the time...

so... yes... we should F***ing Fight BACK!!!


there... frustration successfully vent... =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!