Saturday, June 07, 2008

Bringing Back The Highschool Years

Remember the time I published this pic *points below* and said that my daddy was waaay more famous than I am in the blogosphere? (Click here to read said post entitled "Whoa".)


Snitched this off The Drizzling Thursday by famouschris.


Well, I didn't think much of it cos there wasn't a proper profile or even a profile pic of the dude on his page so... my being me (with work on hand and all) I just left it at that and never went back to famouschris. But now, I can now officially confirm that it's a freaking small, so-tiny-can-die world here lo! Here's why...


Was browsing through innit sometime last week
when I suddenly caught sight of this:




Don't see it? Look again.




Wah! Nuffnang blogger; innit member! Must give face, go in and look-see-look-see again. But wait. This famouschris dude's name is Chris Chee? Hmmm. That's odd. Why sound like so kenal wan?


Went in, looked around, saw a recent pic in one of his posts and died. (Haha. Okay, fine. I lied. I didn't die. But my heart stopped for maybe a microsecond lah.) HE'S FROM PENANG AND I KNOW HIM!!! (Okay, fine. I lied again. I don't know him. But I know of him. Somewhat.)


He was this dancer-guy-scout-dude from Penang Free that my friends were madly crushing over when we were in lower secondary. Probably around Form 2 or 3. (Think he should already be in upper secondary then. Maybe Form 4.) Haha. First time he made an impact was when he danced for Rhythm of the Frees – this concert thingy his school did.


And now, his friend works with my dad. o_O

Small world or not I ask you? Haha.
Think back also I feel like laughing.


Looking back, it's funny how girls in school go googoo gaga over the boys they see (and don't see). Picture also enough to make their mouths water and their palms sweat. (Weirdos.) If a boy's school magazine ever found its way into their hands, it'd be the highlight of the week. The hottest textbook in class. PFS, SXI, MBS, Georgetown – any school, really. I don't think they cared much or were very picky to begin with. Quite desperado wan, the girls in my school.


Thank goodness I wasn't a big fan of crushing. At least not compared to the girls I used to share a classroom with. Sure, there was the occasional, "Eh, he quite cute hor?" but that was about it. I'm thinking that spending my years in a co-ed primary school helped me realise that boys were smelly, no-good, jerks... and not all they pretended to be in pictures.


*blink blink*

Whoa.

Jaded-ness!

Screw, Rama, Chew Chew, Chihuahua,
Dog and Shao – you guys ruined me!!!

Thought ends here. Peace out.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. *speechless

will be waiting for my drink..

;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Didn't see it comin, huh? Haha. Anyway, about that drink... when I go back lah. Time to get to know Shawn, too, anyways. Have never met him though he's been at KenRay for awhile now.

Melsong said...

You should have been a PI. It's amazing the things you can dig up on almost anyone.

So come back la. Not only drink but yummy makan waiting for you.

We found a fantastic makan place. Wanted to take you there but your homecomings are so few, so far between and so speedy (read that as faster than a speeding bullet) that they've changed cook. Now not our style di.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Haha. Yeah, I think I may have missed my calling. =p

Wait laaa. Pressure! Pressure! Don't make me start building!

Satkuru said...

what the fish @_@ hahaha probably i should blog about how you and the girls gave the guys a hard time, i mean a really HARD time ! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Satkuru
– Eh, excuse me, we were SOOOO nice to you all okayyy. So nice. So so nice.

Anonymous said...

"The hottest textbook in class. PFS, SXI, MBS, Georgetown – any school, really".....hahaha...you girls rock la...

I remembered I went to CGL to hand over the invitation card to the GGuides...and all the "sua-pah" girls stuck out their heads to get a peep....Chewah! Feels like super model la....Syok la! Wahahaha! =P

Anonymous said...

I'm featuring you back in "Saturday".

=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. True ma. A lot of girls liddat wan. Especially if you visit an all-girls school. All gila laki wan.


ATTN: chris
– Ooo. This should be interesting. Hmmm. I'm scared. How? Haha.

You owe me a drink.

infinitium said...

same thing in my school when we get our hands on girl school mags... esp from the "popular" all-female schools like CGL, CPT, PCGHS and SGGS.

habis kecoh la the class after that.

mix teenage male hormones in an all-male school and you get a recipe for disaster....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– HAHAHA. I think most schools also liddat lah. Haha. As long as it's single-sexed, sure lust after the opposite sex like mad wan.

"mix teenage male hormones in an all-male school and you get a recipe for disaster...."

And vice versa. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!