Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blogger, My Best Friend

Was talking to Kelz online when I suddenly discovered why I blog so much more when I'm emo-ing (including this one, I've officially totaled 6 posts in the last 19 hours),... than when I'm not emo-ing. Thought I'd share the thought with you.


------------


A blog is like a best friend. A silent one. But one who's always there in spite of its inability to respond directly to its writer. (Comments are great but are also a different thing altogether, okay?) One who never fails to listen whenever you need to talk. Whenever you just need to rant. To let anything and everything out. Whatever the hour. (Except when Blogger's down. *rolls eyes* Maintenance nonsense.) AND it remembers everything you tell it!


Now, this is why I blog as much as I do when I'm out of sorts. When my emotions are going wonky and are all over the place. I blog because it Zen's me. It helps me clear my head. Through my writing, I'm able to process my thoughts, assess my situation and understand my feelings. And I never get judged for whatever it is I share cos... well, a blog doesn't talk back, does it?


Blogging also helps me remember what I've been through. It's an online log of all the battles I've undertaken. And a log of all my battlescars. Scars that remind me of how far I've come. And through that log, I see glimpses of what's to come. It's a reminder of how far I have yet to go.


I personally don't think that I'd ever be able to survive without blogging anymore. Seriously. I've grown too accustomed to thinking online that I start feeling crippled when I don't. It may seem weird to those of you who don't blog or who aren't as dependent on your blogs as I am,... but it's the truth. And I'm telling it as it is.


That's the way this blogging thing has grown to become for me. And to be honest, I think I kinda like it this way. Cos no matter where I go, as long as there's the Internet, I know that my best friend's always just a click away. =)

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

i couldn't have said it better myself
well said

-kellster

Pam Song said...

ATTN: kellster
– Thank you, thank you. =)

Hwei Ming said...

pam..you made 62 post... in 30 days..

your blog..is not your best friend...

ITS YOUR SOUL MATE!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Choo Hwei Ming
– Hahaha. Ya think??? =p It's my bf while the bf's away. Hey, I have to entertain myself somehow, right??? Other resorts seem likes... noble.

3POINT8 said...

I think you got way too much time to kill in the office.
either that or you think and type 38x faster than the fastest typing person and the fastest thinker in the world combined!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 3POINT8
– Hey! I have PLENTY to do, okayyy. Why do you think I work some weekends and even from home? Haha.

So... maybe it's the latter. =p

Anonymous said...

awwwwww, you were right on! esp about the part that when we blog, we access the current situation we are in and think better ((: thanks babe! i finally understand why i like blogging so much ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Flora
– Haha. Blogging helps us think without the help of other people. =p

Take care and happy blogging!

Simon Seow said...

Blogging rocks. Maybe I'll start to write back non-event and non-food related post too.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Yeah, you should. I mean, it's a totally different market altogether lah but... I like it that way. Less news-y.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can relate to that. It's my personal space to rant sometimes and it'll always listen. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Huai Bin
– Sometimes blogs listen better than friends, too. Cos they don't judge us for saying the things we say and for the way we feel.

R.A.L said...

yeaps.... my blog is my best fren too...

a space i call my own, and listens to me all the time.

u so aptly put it, n i guess i can't imagine doing without one now :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: roy f.r.
– Haha. I think it's like that for most bloggers nowadays. We've taken our blogs for granted. We know it'll always be there for us no matter what. Even when people walk away.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!