Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Before It Dims

Okay. So it looks like sleeping's out of the picture for me right now... (Damn Insomnia! You'd think that with the same timezone and all, I'd not be jet-lagged. *rolls eyes*) ...so I might as well just start jotting down the things I wanna remember about my trip before they start dimming in my very-aged mind.


1. We watched four movies together. (Very expensive to do where I was over the last week, actually.) And shared ice-creams for two out of the four movies.


MOVIE 1: What Happens In Vegas.



What Happens in Vegas was the first of the lot and the BEST of the lot. Funny as hell, it's a definite must-watch for all romantic-comedy lovers out there.


MOVIE 2: Iron Man.



Iron Man was not as great as I thought it would be. Thought that it'd be a whole lot better. With more action. And more suspense. Expectation problem, I guess. Plus, I blame the bean bags. The very EXPENSIVE, back-breaking bean bags. -_-


MOVIE 3: Forgetting Sarah Marshall.



I thought this one was okay-funny; he thought it was lame. We saw the dude's kukujiao a number of times, though. That's PG-13 for you in a foreign land, boys and girls. PG-13.


MOVIE 4: Indiana Jones: Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.



Total. Let. Down. They should have just quit when they were ahead. (Read: Before he got old, slow and flabby.) I was very disappointed. The movie lacked the boyish recklessness that was always typical of Indi. Blah.


2. We went to the ballet for John Cranko's romantic-comedy entitled Taming Of The Shrew.




And saw men in tights. Very colourful tights. Very tight colourful tights. *shiver runs up spine, leg shake, hair stand* So salah. Oh, and we ended up walking in late (the first act had already begun) cos we had to make a very important emergency stop back home. I'm calling it a patah-balik-tukar-baju-serta-merta-kerana-pakai-baju-salah stop. Haha. Got changed into something slightly more, uh, presentable to suit the occasion (and match up to its other better-dressed attendees). We were SOOO under-dressed before our quick-change lah, I tell you. (Think: Hoodies and rugged jeans. *shy*) So sua ku. Haha. At least we know better now.


Anyhew, that's about all for now. It's pretty late and I've got an early morning tomorrow. -_- More to come in due time, alright? Goodnight, guys. (Hopefully.)

10 comments :

estherlauderlyn said...

glad you had fun in perth pam :) sighhh. i miss him now :( no not my cousin, the boyfriend lah.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE WEEK TO BE OVERRRRR

luxen said...

I liked ironman and Indy. Both had good lead actors. I liked how outlandish Robert downey was and how Harrison has aged.

I'm nostalgic about Indy because it it was the first movie I ever watched in the cinema, my parents took me to watch it when I was very young. I remember the first part with the boulder chasing him was really scarry and I fell asleep through the rest of the movie and only woke up in the end when they opened the ark... That was scarry too. For a very long time I thought indiana jones was scarry!

I like how they tie up a lot of the loose ends in this fourth movie. Fans always talked about the place where they kept the Ark, now they have it in this movie! In the TV series, the young Indiana jones, it starts with a very old Indy retelling his adventures to his grandson.

Rainer Yong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rainer Yong said...

whoops, deleted my comment by accident.

anyways,

well im just taking a wild guess here, but it seems like you enjoy romantic comedy more than action shows. I agree that indiana jones was a let down, i've just watched this myself. But every boy agrees with me when i say iron man rocked :D

for the lack of explosions, i dont know, could be budget problems faced by marvel since it is their first in-house production. spiderman + x-men was not produced by marvel. if you already knew that, i've just wasted energy typing :P

Best line in Indy was "I have a bad feeling about this" hehe.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Haha. Yeah, I had fun. And at least the bf's got your name plastered on his msn, right? =p That's gotta count for something.

And why's the week so bad for you? I can't wait for mine to be over, too!


ATTN: luxen
– I preferred outlandish Robert Downey to Harrison Ford. I felt that this Indy movy (whoa) was just a stepping stone to bring in the "new" Indy. You know? And yeah, sure. The ark's position is now known and all but... like a lot of parts where it ties up loose ends. But it kinda makes the movie a little disjointed. Plus, it didn't help that he wasn't reckless anymore. It kinda killed my mental image of the usual Indy who was always rearing to go.


ATTN: Rainer Yong
– Hmmm. Action I like also lah. But I think I must have expected too much from both movies. I felt that there wasn't enough action! And I thought that Iron Man rocked better than Indy... though there were parts that were entertaining.

Oh! And I thought the bad guy in Indy sucked big time. Dun like her character. Thought that it was a lousy portrayal. (Spoiler: And her burning up in the end was lame, too.)

Anonymous said...

Huh?! Go all the way to Aus just to watch 4 movies and a play & 'char pui'? How about the parks, greeneries and landmarks?.....Post up la....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. No lah. But I need time to look through my pics and edit them first ma. Haiyo! So impatient. This is just part 1. =p

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

i disagree on iron man. I tot it rocked. and I'm not crazy about indiana jones, good thing we didn't do the movie marathon.. was going to sleep. and indy does have recklessness.. just in a different way, the whole point of the movie was to intro his son for a part 5

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

didn't read all the comments and

Rainer: I agree with you on Iron Man.

and tinki: Harlo la Cate was probably the only character that was most appealing in the show :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Didn't like her at all. She should have died with the ants, man. =_+

And I thought we're still doing the marathon!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!