Friday, April 25, 2008

Glowers

Girls and flowers – they come together.
(Okay, fine. That was lame. My excuse? It's been a long day.)


If you've got a girlfriend, you should know that. If you didn't know that, I'm going to assume that you don't have a girlfriend. Cos you don't deserve one if you didn't know that. And no, I'm not being mean. What got me started on this?


This.

*points below*


Our combined gift to a female colleague
(the girl who always loves my touch)
whose birthday happens to be tomorrow.
Smelt like heaven wrapped in fancy paper.


Aren't we the nicest colleagues ever???


Girls will always understand girls lah, right? Girls know that flowers are such a waste of money. And sure, we know that they'll eventually wilt and die. But we also know that we love and want them anyways in spite of that. We just tell you we don't. But we do. Really. And getting them from other girls beats not getting them at all so... this is what we often settle for.


Stealing them works, too. Cheaper also.
(I can't believe I just said that.)


It's pathetic, really. I've resorted to stealing flowers from Bianco every time I pay them a visit. Problem? It's getting increasingly hard for me to do that nowadays. I think they've started keeping an eye out for me. Grrr.


Flowers that are currently on my desk at home.
Stolen Rescued from Bianco on the 11th of April 2008.
It's been 2 weeks and they still look fab. Quite tahan lasak.


I wish flowers didn't cost as much. =(

13 comments :

infinitium said...

ahh.. flowers. The ultimate (and bloody expensive) weapon to any girls' heart!

I have a soft spot for lilies... roses seem to common and other flowers seem too simple as well.

Did you know lilies are pretty hard for growers to get? They grow deep in the jungle.. and high up in trees. Or something like that.

Hence the uniqueness makes it that much more meaningful :)

Pair that with a properly timed "I love you" and we guys will probably have you in a pool of mush....

estherlauderlyn said...

well, they're only that expensive because they mean THAT much to girls :) oh and I love lilies too! They're my favourite, though I also think that roses are loverly! IN alllll colours except lellow :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Haha. Yes, they're pretty expensive these days. But the smile on your girl's face is worth the money, right? =)

And yes, lilies are nice. They smell great, too! Only thing is that you can't really dry them. But... they do look nice. And smell nice. And look real grand and glam. Another glam kinda flower is the African Daisy. It's not too bad. Not my ultimate fave but... not too bad. Sunflowers are also pretty glam but I hate them. Am so not a sunflower girl. Yuck.

Didn't do my research on lilies so I have to say that my knowledge on them is limited. All I know is they look nice and smell good. Haha. I guess that because of the trouble, it's more ex, too!

And yes, timing is everything. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Haha! I agree! The price is worth the happiness your girl gets.

Hey, you no likes yellow, too? I also am not a fan of yellow roses! Haha. I kinda like tinged roses. The kind where the edges are a little coloured or discoloured.

joshuaongys said...

i totally understand that!! hahaha i saw the smile on my gf wen i gave her flowers on Valentines Day.... hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have great taste on flowers....but dunno why some girls just like to stick with roses only....Sien la...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Aww, you so sweet! Haha. Like this lah considered real bf. Tau pun wanna melt her heart. =p


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. Thank you, thank you. But still roses are nice lah. Just that a little more common lor. I like em too. Too bad they don't smell heavenly. =(

Anonymous said...

never mind....next time when you B-day comes, you tell us what fragrance you wan....we buy the flowers and spray it with cologne....mah smells good lor...Mwahahaha =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Chei! So not counted.

Anonymous said...

eh got lotsa types of roses lah ... then choose the not so common colours lah .. like lipsticks roses or sweetheart roses... purple ones are nice too .. or champaign roses .. or even baby roses .. no need lah blood red rose

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– I don't mind roses actually. As long as they're big and full. Not as in full bloomed but... not the kind where they already pluck the rotten petals left and all you get is a small bud. That wan is totally yuck-worthy lah. But yeah.. I'm fine with roses so long as they're not the yellow ones. =)

Anonymous said...

what about that ..what's it again? Estonia sumthing ... the one u posted long long time ago

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Uncle, they're called Eustomas. =p And yes, I like em, too. Unfortunately, they don't dry as well as roses and they don't seem to last as long. BUT... they look so darn pretty. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!