Monday, January 07, 2008

Confirm-firm?

Doc 1 (I liked her. She was a very nice lady.) said it was an allergy. She said it with such conviction, actually – "Ah, dear girl. Don't worry. You've just got a case of allergy... that's all. Don't worry about it, okay? It goes away eventually."


Hmmm. In fact, she said it with a very, very convincing, super-thick Indian accent – "Ah, deer garl. Dun vurry. You'vve jas gotah kase of allerrrge... dhat's al. Dun vorry abhou-dit, uh-k. It gows avay eventually." *big big smile from Doc*


Haha. Thick hor, her accent?
But thick also no use. She bluff me.
My hand didn't get any better. In fact,
it seemed to have only gotten worse.

-_-

So, I paid the company doc a visit today.


While waiting for the Monorail to arrive.


While waiting to enter Doc 2's room.


While walking back to the office.


I know lah, I know. I'm obsessed with taking shots of my butt-ugly arm. Haha. But I can't help it loh. You see, I can't see it real well because it's at an odd angle so this (the whole picture-taking deal) helps me get a better view of my problem. Understand a bit can bo? Very itchy okayyy! AARRGGGHHH! AARGGHH! AAAARRGGGHHH!!!


*blink blink*

Sorry. Release tension a bit there.

*toothy grin*


Anyway, Doc 2 said that it may not be an allergy after all. (?!?) Could be bug bites instead. (Who should I believe!?) I'm thinking: What kind of killer-slash-alien bugs did I happen to come across, man!!! Plus, she wasn't as convincing as Doc 1 so I don't know if I want to believe her. (Jaded people always find it hard to trust the words of people who, themselves, don't seem too convinced with their discoveries.) But check this out – NEW MEDS!





Whee. I'm so excited.
Can't wait to start taking them.

-_-

They had better work
or I'll be
egging the doc's office tomorrow
.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Haiyo...wat happened to your arm...Salah makan?! Seafood?....

The doc gave you really good medicines la...

Chlorphenamine = to prevent the symptoms of allergic conditions.

Zyrtec = commercial name for cetrizine; effective both in the treatment of pruritus & as an anti-inflammatory agent.

luxen said...

your arm reminds of Alien VS Predator 2. Later got something pop out.

Looks like you rested your arm on something and it now it's breeding something inside.

Kirsten said...

yee... luxen jus gave me two rolls of goose bumps...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– No lah. Dunno also. Not sure what happened but it happened. =(

And Doc 2 was the one who gave me the prescriptions with names. Doc 1 didn't.

I'm SURE you googled those descriptions. Haha.


ATTN: luxen
– HEY!!! Speaketh not if thou wilst not speaketh kind words!!!


ATTN: Kirsten
– Don't listen to him lah. I'll hunt him down and burn down his... his... his... dog house.

Anonymous said...

Nolar....I work for my uncle before in a clinic (many years back)...so I know a bit bit only la...=

There is also another common medicine for allergic called piriton(yellow in color)....perhaps that is the one that Doc 1 gave you...hehe...

Get well soon huh! If too gatal...apply some cooling talcum powder on it lor (Agnesia talcum powder)...And remember DON'T SCRATCH if you dunwan to have scars...=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Ooo. I see, I see. Cools. Always good to know more stuff. =)

Oh, I remember Piriton. And yes, I think that that's the one Doc 1 gave. I stopped taking that already, though. Was told to stop by Doc 2 after she gave me the new meds.

Doc 2's meds are working well. It's not that itchy di. Thank goodness. Can die wei. I hate it when my skin tingles and I'm not supposed to do anything about it. Very frustrating.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!