Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chicago, The Musical

PRE-POST NOTES: Okay, this is a terribly late post (I started writing it on the 6th of November 2007 – I'm 64 days late, can you believe that!?!) and if you must know, I am terribly embarrassed by the lag. Even so, Procrastination is my middle name so if I can deal with it, you can, too.


Was looking through my blogger Drafts and discovered that I just never finished this post. I think I should work on it now since I've got tonnes of work waiting for me in my In-tray. Heh heh. Ahhh, Distraction and Procrastination – how sweet you both are.


---------------



I watched Chicago, The Musical at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Plenary Hall sometime last year. (Yes, it has been that long. 6 November 2007, to be exact.) Alone.


Colleague: So are you excited?

Pam Song: Hmmm. I don't know lah. Not as excited as I should be, I guess.

Colleague: Ahhh. So means you don't really wanna go but your friends all semangat go then they ask you to go that's why you go only lah.

Pam Song: *pauses* Uh, no, actually... I'm going by myself.

Colleague: o_O Huh?

Pam Song: Yeah. Sitting by myself. (I lead a sad life, I know. My friends are just not refined enough to appreciate upmarket Broadway stuff.)

Colleague: *confused look appears* Wait. Let me get this straight. You're willing to sit by yourself. That means you really want to go. But you're not very excited about going!?

Pam Song: Haha. Yeah. You could say that.

Colleague: Maybe you should wait till 7.30pm. Perhaps you'll get excited by then.


It was pretty good, I guess. Just somehow... not as good as I thought it would be. Perhaps I expected too much. Or maybe it's cos I didn't grow up watching it. I mean if it was something I could sing along to and relate with then perhaps it'd have rocked my world harder. This time, all I got was a slight tremor. -_-


Thank goodness it was a birthday gift
(who makes people go for musicals
ALONE for their birthday, man???)
and I didn't have to fork out money for it.

Hee hee.

*grin*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!