Sunday, December 30, 2007

So Stress Can Die Wei

Tossed and turned around all night.


Collectively, I probably sneaked in one pathetic hour's worth of sleep throughout the night but, I'm hoping to be able to function like normal, without any major mishaps. Let's hope I don't fall down a flight of stairs and smash my face into concrete, okay?


Hands, feet, eyes, ears, head, limbs and torso, I'm calling you to attention! Please, please, pleeeeaaase work in tandem with one another. You canNOT let me down. Not this time. Please be in I'm On A First Date mode today. (That is arguably the highest, most-careful-to-be-in mode possible to womankind. It stands at par with I'm Walking Down The Aisle And I Must NOT Trip mode.)


So while Body tossed and turned last night,
Brain had a little extra awake time to do some thinking.


I believe that stress doesn't increase when distance of the new place from your old place increases. Down the road? Pfft. Can handle lah. Stress a bit only. Not even if it's a move from one state to another. I've more or less done that. No biggie. Cannot die. Stress levels only hike real high in the event of a major shift (like migration from one country to another) and you're expected to leave a life you've always known behind to start afresh in an entirely foreign land with a different culture.


But that's not what I'm going through right now, so... yeah. Distance? Not a factor. It's how long you've been at a place and how much rubbish you've accumulated, gathered and collected over the years that claims the blasted job of upping stress to deadly levels.


And it's official. I have A LOT of rubbish.

Si liao la zhi pai.
(English translation: Die already lah this time.)

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...this is one certified to enter Tanj-R liao...Hahahaha =))))

Abas KS said...

Hi,

I haven't been commenting in a bit. Dunno what to say about stress but it sucks.


Pam :) You an accountant, is it?

Maybe you can help me a bit only..how does an expatriate (Russian) work as an accountant in Malaysia.

Must do ACCA or some kind of test is it?

Chee Hoe said...

Come I teach you a way to distress

Breath in.....
Breath out......
Breath in.....
Breath out......

Loud Burp!!
Small Fart.....

Feel any better? :P

Just take things one step at a time girl and before you could say "wth omg!!" its already february and all's over.

CS said...

stress is stress la.... but hor.... control a bit lor...

the last word.. i tot u r so stress until write dirty words....

OMG... Si liao la zhi pai.

haha.... link me to another words... if u did give the translation...

ops....I miss understood... hihi

Like what chee hoe says... it might help.....

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

My gosh! Are you ok? You're posts are so filled with dis"stress" :P

And what stress?? You're on holiday muahaha. but i agree moving house is one of the top ranked stress activators. You are only on one activator right which is moving house? Not so bad la....my friend got hit by two.. divorce and moving out

Satkuru said...

while you are waiting to die this time, let me wish you a very happy happy new year and have a great new year ahead ! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Stress mah. Must let go somehow, right?


ATTN: a.i. editor
– Haha. Yes, it sucks. Big time.

Hmmm. What makes you say I'm an accountant? You couldn't be further from the truth. Haha. Hint: I haven't done math in the past 7 years.

And how did the expat come in without a working Visa or some sort of visa? How young is the fellow? Still studying and in with a student visa? I can ask lah. I got quite a few accountant associates. But I believe that if you want to practice accountancy, you need to be accredited with ACCA, CA, CPA or CFA or something. You know?


ATTN: Chee Hoe
– Haha. Tried that last time, lo. Didn't work. HAHA.

I wish it were February. Why? ANGPOW!!!


ATTN: CS
– HAHA. You yourself think off wan. Not I write off also. HAHA. Terrible lah you. Dirty minded. Now I know.


ATTN: Aronil
– Haha. No, I'm not okay. Of course stress lah! Haha. Whole world shifting, man.

This holiday totally doesn't feel like a holiday. I need a break. I need a REAL holiday.

Sorry bout your friend, though.


ATTN: Satkuru
– Haha. Idiot. Happy new year lah. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!