Monday, December 10, 2007

Love Needs Only One Sentence

Stumbled upon the saddest single-sentence love story ever.

"Even though it's been ten years and I'm visiting
a town 100 miles away from where she lives now,
I look at everyone passing by, hoping I'll see her."

Sigh.


I guess not being in love kinda sucks at times. Especially when those days come around (i.e. Christmas, Valentine's, your birthday, etc). Trust me. I know. I've been there. But then again... being in love and being in a relationship has its tough times, too. The ups and the downs (Don't kid yourself. You know they're there.) will always have you running around or playing tag or catch-up or whatever it is you guys always play.


But that's nothing compared to being in love
without being with the one you're in love with.


To me, this has gotta be the worst situation of the three to be in. I'd say that it's a punishment far worse than death. And I'd never wish that on anybody. For nobody deserves to be put through a lifetime of lovelessness. And yes, it is lovelessness. Why? Simply because having love to give but not the person you want to receive your love, is arguably more painful than finding yourself not being loved at all.


That being said, not being in love
doesn't quite look that bad right now, huh?


And to be honest, it isn't. (Not unless you're lying on your death bed with nobody to hold your hand as you take your last breath, it's not.) Singlehood has its rockin' moments. I know I had mine. It was a time when I really had the time (and the heart) to build a great many healthy relationships all around me, time to pursue my dreams, time to invest in friendships that were important to me and all the time in the world to spend on pampering myself.


Looking back, I'll say that life was good. It was! (Not that life isn't good right now, of course. Haha. It's just a different kind of good.) And it CAN be good for you singletons out there, too. =)

10 comments :

Accyee said...

i am a happy singleton! hahaha God bless

Pam Song said...

Haha. Good for you! Not enough singletons say that these days. Especially with Christmas comin up. All complaining and asking me to matchmake them already. HAHA. Take care and God bless! Contentment is a gift!

Boss Stewie said...

*sniff*

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...being a single is not entirely that bad either....It means FREEDOMS to pursue DREAMS and go places....HeeeHah! Rock On! =)))

Pam Song said...

ATTN: boss stewie
– Awww. It ain't that bad. =)


ATTN: adrian
– Haha. That's what I'm trying to say lah. Being single is fine.

på9ån said...

women are fine being single until their body clock starts ticking and they suddenly have the urge to get married and have babies... haha.

Pam Song said...

Ooo. That's true, actually. It hit me when I was 22. Like real bad. Maybe cos I stopped being Happening 21 and became Still-Single 22. HAHA. And to be honest, I wasn't looking for a man. I just wanted to have babies! HAHA.

Anonymous said...

how many times have we heard you saying you want babies?
well i can't deny the fact that they are cute and chubby and playful and mischievous...
sigh i guess we need to leave them permanently at "babies".

Anonymous said...

alamak! bad chun*leung

Pam Song said...

Haha. Chun... Haha.

Anyway, they're so nice mah! Anybody who doesn't like babies isn't right in the head. I don't like how some of them turn out to be but I love em all when they're babies. MMM!!! Nice!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!