Monday, November 19, 2007

Funcils

Pencils. Cool ones. I call them Funcils. You see, they're pencils but are not of the normal kind that present themselves with black and yellow stripes. *snore* No, siree. In fact, they're nowhere near that. They're a zillion times funkier! Uh, in a cute but un-cuddly kinda way.


Meet Flyaway Train...




...Fishy Copter...




...Bobble Bear...




...and Propeller Car.




Cute, right? Ya, cute.

Happy family? No, not really.


Flyaway Train and Propeller Car eloped!!! Jeng jeng jeng. Hah. Trust them wheely funcils to go off on their own without the other two. I smell hanky-panky. Something's up those mud guards. (I don't care if trains don't have mud-guards.)


You know, I feel like writing about
unspeakables today. And so I shall.
(If anybody asks, I'm denying everything.)


We see this most clearly when Malaysian students travel abroad, claiming that they're going to go all out to see the world and learn all they can about life away from home. See and learn? Pfft. Rubbish. They only end up falling straight into their respective social boxes, neatly differentiated by crystal clear racial lines. Oh, and it's the only time Malaysians and Singaporeans find themselves on the same team. Aargh, whatever the case, it's a pity to get the chance to study abroad, and to come back having learnt n-o-t-h-i-n-g about the culture of the place where they were at.


So, all said and done, it all comes down to this: at the end of the day, what the world tells us to believe ultimately becomes Truth if none of us stand up against it. Sure, birds of a feather flock together. But do we all HAVE to? Why should we be drawn towards our own kind and our kind alone? And if you didn't know... THAT'S BAD.


Sigh. How unfair can life be?


People with no appreciation for life abroad get to enjoy it but people ala Desperado like me stay behind, gripe and give off envious vibes.


Blah. I need a perk-me-up real bad right now.

Oh oh, wait! Here it is. Tada!




p/s: I love my fingers.

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Whoa....the Dora-train and the minicooper-copter are so cute & nice....where you bought that? Sunday's school gifts?! I Want!!!!! =P

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

hmm.. i wonder is ya drop them off from mid air.. will they hover a lil bit ??

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Wei wei wei. Who gave you permission to change the names of my funcils? Grrr.

They're being sold at Pavillion if you're speaking of KL. I, on the other hand, bought them from Jonker for a steal. =p


ATTN: Kirsten
– Haha. I wouldn't try that. Those propellers seem to be for show only. Sure patah wan if drop liddat. If really can hover I'd have bought more di loh. =p

Unknown said...

The Flyaway Train & the propeller car are sooooo cute, can I have them for Christmas? I have been good for the whole year through leh.

Ha! Flyaway Train. Did you read Enid Blyton when you were young? The Wishing Chair and all its adventure. So fun!

Pam Song said...

Haha. OF COURSE I remember the Wishing Chair and those little red wings it had to grow! Haha. I loved it! All their adventures. Haha. Samantha, you just brought back fond memories for me. =p Did you read The Enchanted Woods? It's also really good.

Hmmm. Whatever you do, don't buy them at Pavillion. A rip-off, man!

Unknown said...

You a meanie. I just gave u fond memories about your nice childhood and u only gave me the tips to "don't buy the funcils at Pavillion". Youngsters!

Anyway, yeah yeah, the enchanted wood! And the famous five, the secret seven, they were all so wonderful, they were magical! Awww... so sweeeeeeet... but I'll still remember that you asked me to go buy my own funcils!!!

Pam Song said...

Haha. Well, dear Samantha, I have no intentions of heading down to Malacca anytime soon, and I definitely wouldn't get them from Pavilion. Haha. Plus, those two left! Remember? I only have Bobble Bear and Fishy Copter with me. How now? I'd give you one if you tell me the names of the three gollywogs. =p

Unknown said...

You gave those two to your darling sweetheart already izit?

suok! I know I no way can be more cupcake than him loh.

Are you ready for the three golliwogs? (Drum roll please) May we proudly present to you: Golly, Woggie & Nigger!

It's OK lah, if Bobble Bear & Fishy Copter are separated, sure they will be sad too. You can keep them, but make sure they stay together happily ever after. :)

Pam Song said...

Haha. Nah. He probably wouldn't know what to do with those things. I just thought that they were really cute and girlie. Not exactly a Macho Man thing. =p

You're kidding me. One of the golly's was called Nigger!? Hmmm. How come I don't remember that. You Googled it ah? I bet you did, right? Sure cannot remember di right? *grin*

Hmmm. I can keep them both together. But how to make sure they're HAPPY together? Tough one. HAHA.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!