Monday, September 10, 2007

Ring Ring... Hello?

I think there's need for me to revise my keep-in-touch habits. It gets really depressing when friends go off spouting a whole load of rubbish when you call, just cos they're stunned silly by your sudden effort to pull an act of reemergence and jump right back into their lives. Let me conversationally illustrate my point with a couple of real-life, rip-my-heart-out-while-you're-at-it scenarios:


SCENARIO 1

Pam Song: Hello?

Friend 1: Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Pam Song: *stops to think* Huh?

Friend 1: Yes, it's been that long.

Pam Song: *blink blink* -_-


SCENARIO 2

Pam Song: Hel...

Friend 2: Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Pam Song: Uh, hello?

Friend 2: Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Pam Song: WEI!

Friend 2: Oh my god. Oh my god. I can't believe you're calling me. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my g... *pause* What do you want from me?

Pam Song: *blink blink* -_-


You'd think that with an entire host of modern communication technology play things like email, mobile calling capabilities, SMS and now PacMee, it'd have upped my comm cum keep-in-touch skills a notch. Sigh. I don't think it did. And speaking from experience... *cough* ...TWICE... *cough cough* ...it looks like my friends don't think it did anything to boost my comm skills either. Bummer.

13 comments :

ming said...

the other morning when you called me I have the exactly feeling like 'friend2'.. Oh my god! Pam called me! Then I quickly woke up to return your call. Haha

At first when I saw the missed call i thought I was dreaming.. I thought I saw the wrong number but because I did saved your number and picture in my phone book so it won't be wrong la. Ya I was surprised! Haha

Pam Song said...

Haha. Woman, I think we have a lot of catching up to do lor. I feel like I'm very lagging in your life already and apart from what you read on my blog, you're also lagging a bit in mine. It's good that I'll be around when you pop by. It's time to say "Hello" once again... right, Okui Ming?

Missing you and the good times,
pamsong

ming said...

I am very very laggging behind in your life la! As for mine, er, nothing much la...=p

and..I dont see you online in msn anymore, how come?

Missing my Ela too, missing her heapz heapz...

Pam Song said...

Haha. YOU!? Your life more than mine ok. Haha. Can't believe that now only I know. Tsk tsk.

Anyway, I never online now di cos my comp lagging lah. And anyway, you know la. I online also not at my comp wan. Only let ppl scold cos never reply so better dun go online at all easier. Haha.

Ing23

ming said...

haiya..throw away your comp and get a new one ok?

=p

and you should reply your mail more often too!!

Pam Song said...

Haha. You buy me new one from US? THANK YOU MING!!! Mwah mwah mwah!

Eh eh! I check my mail, ok. Who say I never check mail. I always check mail. ALWAYS. Why ah? You emailed me meh?

'mike. said...

keep in touch more lah, friend... with me. when wanna go bak kut teh? hahaha!

ming said...

Ohh..you checked you mail..but u never reply! =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 'mike.
– Haha. Never go online how to keep in touch wor. Haha. Bak kut teh have to wait lah. Or you arrange subzone / cell outing lah! You be organizer.


ATTN: ming
– Issit!? You sent me a mail that I never replied!? No way!!!

'mike. said...

haha.. who never go online? me organize? let me see.. hmm... will try. haha..

Pam Song said...

I never go online lah. Haha. Summore who wor.

Ya ya. You plan. Just let the rest of us know when la. Organize movie outing also can. Suka you what you wan to do lah.

Anonymous said...

Mine sort of goes like...

Erin: *calling Pam*
Pam: Hello?
Erin: Oh. My. Gosh.
Erin: *starts having heart palpitations and heaving breaths*
Pam: What? What?
Erin: No. I'm just shocked you're still alive.

Pam Song said...

Haha. Good one. But, woman, you're supposed to cover my arse and make it seem like I'm the best friend in the world who always calls up her friends to keep in touch. Apa lah!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!