Friday, September 14, 2007

It Started At The Very Beginning

I so know that I'm going to be all over the place in this post.
That's the price I pay for not posting when I'm still "in the zone".

Bleh.


-------------


Two nights ago, I discovered that the North-South Expressway
isn't exactly the quietest of places past the stroke of midnight.


Grumble, rant, rave, complain and whine through the night, I most certainly could have. Kick up a fuss and indulge myself in extremist Juvenile-ism – well, there's that possibility, too. But where's the fun in sitting in the middle of a darkened highway with speeding cars zooming by, with an ugly frown plastered across my forehead!? No way! Kilometer 234.5 has got to be cooler than that.


Blinking firefly butts aglow in the dark of the night. • A great expanse of brilliant star-filled skies above me. • Cool night air – sometimes slowly, sometimes swiftly – breezing by. • Silence broken only by the sound of crickets chirping in the hills behind me.


Ahhh, those were the highlights of my night while standing beside my luggage by the roadside. To have everything doused in peaceful tranquility if not for the constant flashing of hazard lights.


Everybody flashes their headlights at stranded travelers but nobody ever makes an effort to pull over to help. How truly Malaysian of us. It made me think, you know. Breaking down in the middle of nowhere isn't the most ideal of situations to be in but doesn't have to be the worst thing in the world. Just don't do it alone, and I say that in the travel and emotional sense... but that's not what I wanna talk about right now. Haha.


What I really wanna ask is this:

Is your life and its experiences
leaving you half full or half empty?

You decide.

8 comments :

'mike. said...

car broke down? aiyo... which hero went to rescue you? people who will pull over and help? nah... you can hardly find. but then again, it can be dangerous if it's a bad person that stop by...

Pam Song said...

Haha. Yes, car broke down. My hero's hero came to rescue us. =p

No la. Nobody will pull over wan. All of them watch The Hitcher so nobody dare already. Haha. Later meet psychos who kill for kicks then die. So pantang.

Leon said...

Where's all the feminist posts?

Gosh, i stop comin to your site for just barely a couple of months and it's all gone ?

Bring back the feministic insults. Bring back the woman power. Bring back the crap!

I demand.

Anonymous said...

you can call the PLUS personnel for help one....or you can contact your car insurance's emergency car breakdown tollfree number and help will be on its way....you did that right?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Leon
– Oh, look at that. He's finally back. You ah, MIA for so long. It's no fun bitching about women's rights and all that when everybody just takes it as it is. It's like fighting with a punching bag. Gimmie a good chin to smash my fist in and perhaps I'll write again. =p


ATTN: adrian
– Nah, I didn't bother. I use AAM so they came to help us out. No sweat. Anyway, PLUS just tows the car to the nearest stop. They don't bring your car where you want it to go.

Anonymous said...

eh.eh...how long did AAM took to respond to your call? Efficient?

Leon said...

That's the problem with society isn't it ? They never stop to question whether their rights are being violated. The easy way out is just to submit to and be quiet.

Well, that's not how I work. I won't stir the water, but each time if I find out you are violating my fellow men's rights, I will fight.

Personally, I am neither a chauvinist nor a crazy too-free-nothing-to-do jerk. Just that I think men have usually never viewed women as being lesser of the two genders.. just different.

Get it ? Different. Not inferior.

Now, you feminists usually like to put us down .. almost to the extend of us being utter invalids.

Get the difference? Different AND INFERIOR this time.

*sigh*

Sad huh ?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Hmmm. Not long to respond lah. But since I was stuck along the highway, they had to drive to reach us from Ipoh. And you know lah... Tow trucks cannot really speed wan right? So we ended up waiting for a bout an hour or so. Ok ok lah. Better than having to wait forever for nobody to come, right? At least this wan guarantee somebody come.


ATTN: leon
– Eh eh eh. Now look who's being sensitive. What women are fighting for is EQUALITY. We realise that we're different. Many of you boys DON'T. And, well, THAT's the problem. You guys see us as mere help meets and baby-making machines that put your sperm to good use. Well, what we want is for you to realise that we're more than that. We're as much human as you are. With BRAINS to think. Yes, we CAN think, and we do. Just stop suppressing us and you'll see what we're capable of.

We want equality. Passing us a hundred bucks for groceries isn't.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!