Friday, July 20, 2007

Only Good For Scratching

I've got three little pet peeves.


1. I can't stand the sight of guys with long nails. It grosses me out somewhat. And honestly, I automatically start to wonder what they use those nails for and where those fingers have been. Ugh. Makes me go 'yuck' each and every time. Oh... and so very Ah Beng lah.


2. I can't stand girls with lousy self-done manicures. Not that it's any better if a guy has a lousy clipping, of course. But... it's permissible and forgivable lah. Meaning, I can close one eye and pretend that it's actually okay when it isn't really.

*grin*

But unkempt nails are not an option for the ladies. No excuse. What's with fingernails of all lengths and shapes?! Ever heard of uniformity? One's gotta look as similar as possible to the other. If you break a nail, clip 'em ALL off. Do you really think that your fingers look pretty with seven 2-inch nails, two 1-cm nails, and one super short stunted-looking one? Trust me, that sight's a total turn-off.

Plus, using a nail-clipper correctly and effectively isn't exactly rocket science so don't clip your nails like it is. And there's nothing wrong with filing if you didn't know. Jagged claws aren't all that cool. Get a nail file. If you're cheap, know that those things don't cost very much.


3. I can't stand dirty, greasy, gunk-filled nails. Do I really need to go into details for this one? Please...


Short, clean, gunk-free nails are the only way to go.




*beams*

18 comments :

Anonymous said...

Okay...here are the answers to number 1:

For the guitarist: can pluck guitar at any time without looking for plucker....so senang ma...

For the engineers: can help to place super small components (1mm x 2mm) on top of the PCb board while soldering mah ...no need to use tweezer..

So now u know...why boys keep long fingernails...cheers, adrian =)

Pam Song said...

Okay, No.1, it's called a PICK, not a 'plucker'.

No.2, using a tweezer ensures that the stuff you touch are cleaner lah. Yuck.

So you're one of them, huh? Eeyerrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Okay..okay..I salah guna jalan just now...its a "PICK" not plucker...

Cheh...i use the fingernails to press on the component la.....so it is easier to solder....

Cleaner? hahaha...always my practice...wash hands after soldering session....so mah clean lor...hahahaha =)

Pam Song said...

EEYER! I not saying that you keep your fingers clean lah. Haha. I was referring to keeping your electrical components clean from all the dirt and grime that's unseen on your hands lah!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

I miss using a solder. Ahhh, those good old Kemahiran Hidup days.

Anonymous said...

Aiseh...she cares more about the component more than a fren....Cheh...Ini mia kawan...=P

Pam Song said...

Haha. True ma. If you make a mistake and something happens to you it's your fault. But it something happens to someone else cos of your negligence, then it's very bad for them ma. World peace.

Anonymous said...

Aiseh....she speaks like my boss liao....Yes Taukeh!...*bow down in humble adoration* =P

Anyhow, no worries in that as I usually clean the contaminations with IPA solution and while soldering, it always ESD safe...woohoo to the world of engineering...lets rock!

Pam Song said...

Eeyer. How sure are you that it's clean? How sure how sure? Your boss know you do this or not? Haha. Eeyer... Adrian got long fingernails wan uh. Eeyer.

Anonymous said...

aiyak....if nobody sees it, its clean lor.....hahaha

My boss? hehe....he did that too...=P

I have one long fingernail for that only la....not all the fingers..hehe =)

Pam Song said...

Waaa. You and your boss sama kaki. No wonder so fren.

ONE?! That's equally as bad! Eeyer. Dun tell me it's the last finger. Yuck.

*shiver*

Anonymous said...

Bingo!!....its the last finger...hahaha....but of coursela I do trim it when it is too long...breaking long fingernail is not fun la...

Pam Song said...

Eeyer. Don't you feel it's just... so... gay? So Tu Kau also lah. Very Ah Beng.

Anonymous said...

Huh? If nicely kept and natural (no coloring)...where can be like gay?....When you come back, I show u huh! hahahaha =P

Pam Song said...

Still yuck lah. And OF COURSE no colouring lah. No colouring already bad enough. Wanna add nail polish? That wan cannot help di lah. Haha. Eeyer. And no thank you. I dun wanna see. Nanti geli die.

Anonymous said...

Hmph...dun want to show you also...haha =P

Pam Song said...

Haha. You yourself say you wanna show me then now change mind. Ego, ego. Haha. Semuanya ego.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...wanna show U...U tarik harga...and dunwan show u...U say I ego.....Aiseh...siapa ego wor?

Pam Song said...

YOU! Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!