Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mee's Day

My mummy reads every single post I write. Each and every one of them. Including the comment pages! (Yes, now you know.) How could I not dedicate one post to her on her special day? A day that defines such a big part of her life! Ugh, even the mere mention of it is shameless. Utterly shameless.


I didn't want to be boring and conventional. You know how every Mother's Day dedication is but another reflection of what the writer's mother has done for him/her?


*snore*


Well... mine comes with a slight twist. Sure, all you'll read below are things we've already done as mother and daughter – a seemingly casual reflection of the nature of our relationship and of the course it's taken to get us to where we're at in terms of our emotional and relational bond with one another.


The difference?

Think: FUTURE TENSE.


What I'm about to write won't be mushy. It probably won't even make her cry. (I said "probably".) But then again, it isn't about the words I write or the many thesaurus pages I flip through to find just the right word to squeeze that couple of tears out of her. No. It'll be about what I'll do in days to come. Actions speak louder than words. Therefore, this reflection also serves as a lifelong promise from me to Mee.


So, Mee, this is for you.

I love you.


--------


I'll drive when the alpha male isn't around and it's just you and me alone in the car. I'll yak on and on and on as we journey along to wherever it is we want to go to. I'll tell you about the things I see, the oddities I encounter, and the people I meet.


I'll send you installers and teach you to use chat programs. I'll share the latest celebrity (and sometimes local) gossip. I'll update you on the very latest in the music and movie scene. I'll go shopping with you (and you with me). I'll make sure you stay up to date with what's in and what's not.


I'll tell you about my life (and I'll listen to you about yours while we're at it). I'll tell you about whatever it is I'm going through. I'll tell of my joys and sorrows. I'll pour my heart out. I know you'll listen. I know you'll understand. I know you'll care. I know you'll be there.


Why?

Cos you have yet to prove me otherwise.


--------


22+ years of motherhood under your belt, SuperMee.
I hope it's been a good ride so far.

18 comments :

ming said...

Aunty,
Happy Mother's Day!

You've been a really cool mom, as far as i know..=p

Anonymous said...

You kid me not?! Your mum reads your every single posts?! =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ming
– Haha. I think it says a lot when even my friends think my mom's cool. =)


ATTN: adhojlim
– No. Me is no joking about such thinks. I don't lead double lives. Why shouldn't my mom read my posts? The way I am at home is the way I am out of home.

Jono said...

Wow, ur mum is even your biggest fan. You are hers too. Put that in!

You still havent told us what you did for mothers day. A blog post !? Comon!

Melsong said...

I still cried (no surprises here).

Yes, it's been a good ride and I know the ride's gonna get better.

A tree is known by its fruit, so if I'm SuperMee it's because of my SuperBee.

Love you always, forever and no matter what

Anonymous said...

Pam:
Message from your mother is so touching (wiping away tears)...Bravo! Well! Keep it up. She monitors your blog is bcos she cares about you and your feelings. You have a great mother Pam! The tricky part is she never mentioned she reads our comments....Waaa! Im in trouble! Paiseh..Paiseh =)

Aunty:
Happy Mother's Day to you! Cheers, =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: jono
– Yes, she is! Haha. And come on, man. I'm not physically with my mom, how to do anything? And me telling you guys any plans right here kinda kills whatever plan there is.


ATTN: melsong a.k.a SuperMee
– Haha. Yes. And in church, no less. FOCUS! What happened to paying attention? Tsk tsk. I blame Dee. HAHA.

You bet the ride's only gonna get better. =)

Love,
SuperBee


ATTN: adhojlim
– Pls, she doesn't MONITOR my blog. Ugh, I'm not even going to bother with a reply to that one.

Anonymous said...

wah .... so swweeeettttt .... hehehe
happy mother's day aunty .. now my turn to call mum hehehe

Anonymous said...

okie..okie...bad for health to get high blood pressure on mother's day...=P anyway enjoy yourself! =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Oh, my goodess! You waited till SOOOO long before calling your mom!? Apa ni deh?


ATTN: adhojlim
– I did.

Anonymous said...

what oh ...my parents were put the whole day and me n my bro were taking turns ok

Pam Song said...

DUNNNN BBBLLLUUUUFFFFFFF!

Anonymous said...

serious what ... i had to call them at 11++ auzzie time leh

Pam Song said...

What has that got to do with anything? 11++ still not the midnight that crosses into Mother's Day ma.

Anonymous said...

huh? me no understanding

but basically they were out the whole day lah that's y couldn't get hold of them earlier

Pam Song said...

Really now?

*wink wink*

*nudge nudge*

*wink wink wink*

O-k-a-y. I believe you.

*snicker*

Anonymous said...

MEANIE YOU !! like that also can ... doesn't matter ...i dah wish my mum that's all that matters

BLERRRR *saliva flying everywhere*

Pam Song said...

Haha. Eeyer. The saliva bit was gross, dude! Mummy should have scolded you more when you were a kid!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!