Sunday, April 15, 2007

Visit Singapore '07

Visit Singapore? Rubbish!
Who says I have to go to Singapore? Pfft.
Singapore comes to ME. Wahahaha.

*eyes glance right*

Stop thinking I'm lansi and just check out Tinki Talks' sidebar.
See or not? New blog ad! Singaporean hotel summore. Terror.

And with this latest addition to the page,
Tinki Talks officially goes international.

*grin*

Thank you, thank you.

*bows*


I have to admit that when I first saw the ad, I didn't realise it was a Singaporean hotel, though. Thought it was some low budget hotel from Ipoh. Haha. Mana tau, Singapore mari punya. They refer to themselves as the "ideal home away from home" for travellers (don't they all say that?) so Malaysians and friends from other parts of the world, jump on a jet and head their way. You will fit right in.


*snicker*

What if we don't want to fit in? Haha.


What's the point of going for a holiday when you don't get to feeeeel like you're on a holiday some place else!? Who in their right mind (after spending good money and valuable travel time) would want to feel right at home in a foreign land!? Hello, I stamped my passport for a reason and with a purpose, okay! Gimmie foreign! Gimmie alien! Gimmie different!


*blink blink*

I think I'm getting carried away.

I shall write nice things about the hotel
from this moment forth.


Anyway, Perak Hotel looks quite cool, actually. A nice mix between modern living and traditional architecture (a bit la). Plus, the location is awesome if you intend to do some touristy sightseeing in Singapore. Many local attractions are within walking distance (so they say) from the hotel so it's very, very convenient. Taxi also not cheap if you're converting from Ringgit Malaysia, right? Sad case. Hence, it shall be very wise of you to find a place that opens up the possibility of walking to your tourist destinations. Tada! Perfection.


*frowns*

Dang, now I wanna go, too.


Eh, Perak Hotel! Gimmie free stay can ah? 3 days, two nights also can la. You give, then I guarantee go visit Singapore wan. Gua-lan-tee ah! For none other but you. See? What and honour that is! Plus, I won't let your kind deed (a.k.a investment in my stay) go to waste. No, no. Business is business, right? I understand that concept well. Worry not. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and post them here. I'll even throw in some good words. Deal bo?


I linked you guys TWICE, okay.
I've taken the first (two) step(s).
Now it's your turn. 3 days, 2 nights for me?

*grin*

Can laaa.


---------------


I'll let you guys know if Perak Hotel gets in touch with me.

And oh, look at that! A THIRD link. This had better work, man.

13 comments :

DelvC said...

Singapore ..?yeah ..you must go ..
i just came back ,,now can go for movie ..haha
and singapore is GREAT ...!!!!!!!
Best place lah .."majulah Singapura" !

Pam Song said...

HAHA. Ya la ya la. Will go IF they give me free night stays. Haha. Or else, I go there sure bankrupt. No need to eat for the rest of the month.

Okay la okay la. TMNT. After that, next movie, next month. AKU BER-BUDGET!

Leon said...

I dislike singapore. Lots. I dislike MOST singaporeans even more.

Pam Song said...

Haha. That's what many ppl say. I don't like Singapore much either. Bad vibes. And I don't really HATE all of them. Just some. HAHA. But whatever the case, let's be diplomatic. Let's just say that they're not my favourite people in the world. Gag.

DelvC said...

dislike singapore ?
they dislike you too ..
never judge by ur own side ..try and stand on their side and think ..
diff lifestyle doesnt make them a bad singaporean ..
wannabe or dont-want-to-be ..
saying singaporean kiasu actually make us more kiasu ..

pam- next time lah ..can stay at my uncle house if yout mind ..haha
but if im not wrong ..you go emerge mah got place to stay loh ..
got budget hotel mah there ..

Pam Song said...

Haha. I didn't say they don't. Not only do they dislike us, they look down on us. Too much. That's worse. Pay lousy pennies for our water and say WE'RE the losers? I don't think so. Pfft.

It's not their lifestyle I can't stand, actually. I think it's relatively easy to adopt for us. What I can't stand is their worldview. The kiasu thing is natural when you're from a small country. I don't blame them for it. When you have little, you fight with all you've got for whatever you can get your hands on.

Haha. You've still got family there meh? Haha. Yeah, I go with the Emerge team sure got place to stay wan ma. But but but... This post is about holidays. I WANT A ROOM IN PERAK HOTEL!!!

DelvC said...

kiasu ?malaysian lagi kiasu loh ..malaysia build amazing things but never maintain it ..example,sepang F1 circuit.
singaporean kiasu show out,malaysian dont,malaysian keep it in heart.
at least singaporean kiasu to improve ..but malaysian totally dont care ..haha !!!
the water issue actually both side problem ..
malaysia can just say dont want to sell what ..haha!!but they still sell ..so tak boleh say people pay lousy pennies..i dont side singapore or malaysia lah ..coz both mom malaysian and dad singaporean ..so i know both side ..
both side also u point me i point you one lah ..
singaporean dont look down on us ..they look up on themselves ..thats why we always think that they look down on us ..heheh!!
banyak budget hotel in singapore lah ..60SGD a night ..
YMCA 80SGD(book online)
u go with someone ..then mah cheaper loh ..

Leon said...

Delvc,

I agree that they don't like us much, and I believe the feeling is fairly mutual.

I'm fine with that, as long as they don't keep offering "free" advice everytime we try to talk to them.

The thing that irritates me most about them is their ability to see every conversation with a Malaysian as a silent cry to ask for help, guidance and advice.

Pay some close attention to your next conversation with them. You might just pick out a few unasked for pointers.

In short, they considered themselves a far more superior race.

Which is just plain gross.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: delvc
– Eh eh eh, Sepang and KLCC was an effort to put Malaysia on the map. Did it manage that? YES. That's all that counts. And many friends of mine still go-kart at Sepang wat. And there're many raves held there too. The place is still being used. Albeit less than it should but at least it's not rotting away.

Okay, sorry. Yeah, they think very highly of themselves. And they go overboard with it. I've met the really nice ones la. But... Those don't come around very often. Rare species. =p

Eh! This water wan is ridiculous la. 2 sen?! PLEASE. Nobody pays 2 sen for anything anymore la. And Malaysia sells cos of the agreement. Aih, no need to tell you all this. I'm sure you read the papers more than I do.

Aiyo, I dun wanna spend a cent there la. Haha. S$60 is already RM150 okayyy. Expensive la. Aku kaulat berbudget!


ATTN: Leon
– Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, yes! They ALWAYS offer us advice and think that we're the pitiful souls, born on less-holy ground, without a brain to think for ourselves.

Beh tahan. I've got relatives from Singapore also la. Those who were from Malaysia who end up there are nicer. I'm not being biased. I mean, I'm sure they fit in there. But whenever they're back, we can see that on the inside, they still know their roots and are relatively nice ppl. I've got other relatives who married Singaporeans. Die. Every time they come back, we get an earful regarding our "lousy" politics, and our "old" architectural designs that are "so yesterday". Heck, they even come to PENANG and tell us how to cook. Pfft.

Leon said...

Pam,

Hahah .. agree agree :)

Pam Song said...

DelvC hasn't bitten back. Haha. Wonder what the Singapore supporter has to say. And you know what? Either way, we win. If he doesn't fight back, it just proves that he's offering us his silent agreement. IF he DOES bite back, it just shows us how bloody kiasu the Singaporean mindset is. HAHA. Malaysia Boleh.

Leon said...

If Singaporeans are not happy, they can always bite back. Last I heard, NEWater is 50% piss + other recycled sewage.

Go ahead. Cancel the water agreement.

I'm sure NEWater with 100% piss and sewage taste much nicer.

Pam Song said...

Haha. Good one.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!