Saturday, April 28, 2007

And With That, Life Ends Up Where It Began

Was munching on Mamee and suddenly came to the realisation that my 20-something years of life has brought me one full circle – back to where I began. I guess I expected this day to come but I just never expected it to come so soon.


Not catching my drift? Blur already? Sigh.
You guys need to be more analytical laaa.


There's meaning in everything, okay. You just have to look beyond the surface in order to find it. But rest assured, you don't have to squint the rest of your life away looking for coded messages. Do it long enough and soon, those messages just start jumping out at you. Sometimes they even scream for your attention. Drawing you, calling you to step out of Normality and into the realm of the mind. They engulf you in their little world of make believe.


*grin*

Sounds very The Number 23, right?


Haha. Sorry la. I just watched it. Brilliant movie. Go catch it if you're up for 2 hours of messing with your head. The ending was da bomb. The twists were brilliant. The plot was engaging. Superb!


*blink blink*


But I did make this observation before watching it so, rest assured, this post is all me. Hmmm. Perhaps I've got OCD tendencies hidden under my 'Normal' facade. =p


*looks around*

Walls still clean and scribble-free. Phew.

So anyway, I've ended up landing where I started.




When I was a child under parental care, I ate Mamee. I ate packets and packets of them through days when I wasn't earning a sen. Days when I probably didn't even know the value a sen had unless it was in relation to the number of Mamee packets I could buy. Heh. Days when life was simple. No. Correction. Days when my mind was simple.


But then I grew up. During my in-between years, I moved on to better (more expensive) junk – Twisties, Cheezels, Doritos, Lays. Sure, I still wasn't earning a penny but I was already given a fixed allowance. I knew what I could afford and what I couldn't. Those were good times.


And now, as I step into the working world, the arena brings me back to where I first began – Mamee. It tastes good and it's cheap. Heh. Earning your own money does that to you. Cheap matters. Our relationship has been rekindled. Mamee's the way to go. And with that, we're back at one.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Pam,

Life is constantly moving faster than I would like it to be too. Sometimes, I too wish that we had more of those "CARE-FREE" days, time we spent talking about our lives.

Sigh...being adults can be tiring and at times, too mundane for my liking. The sad part about it is that when you're an adult, you suddenly become so conscious about everything that you tend to lose the fun side to you, because everyone expects you to be an "ADULT".

There are moments I wished for things to be different and there are times I've hope that certain outcomes of life could have been slightly different but I also remind myself from time to time, it's NOW that matters.

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life". ~Albert Camus

Anonymous said...

It is certainly undeniable that we are living in a fast pace and modern society. Competitions are revolving vigorously in every single paths and pressures among humans are sky rocketing. They are draining humans in every physical and emotional aspect. Feel helpless at times....and to some they even questioned the purpose of life...Sigh =(

However in these tribulations, it reveals to me that we as humans are very fragile and we need JESUS even more than before! So when you are tired and weary; its time to take a stop.... and start seeking the one that gave us the way, the truth and the light; HIS name is JESUS! In HIM we shall find our rest and peace! Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

cheap and good?? only now then u realize ah?? that has been my principals since day 1!! some ppl just have it good lah

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Nisha
– You said it, babe. I miss the days when we had time aplenty. Those days are scarce now. Sigh.

I can't say that I'm not embracing "adulthood" positively, but there are suddenly so many aspects to think about. So many things that demand my attention in so little time. But I guess I'll just have to take it in my stride. I'm glad I've got you, though. You have no idea how much easier you make it for me just by being there.

It's NOW that matters. And I'm going to make NOW count.


ATTN: adhojlim
– I can't agree more. Though, it kinda sad how ppl turn to God only when things get rough. I've grown to be pretty close to Him these past few months. Have been somewhat lost and alone (though I've got ppl who care about me around me) and I've found that He understands best. And He brings results. He answers prayers. He brings peace.


ATTN: Zecount
– Eeleh. Have it good konon. Wei, it's about growing up okayyy. Not everything stays the same all the time. Heh.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!