Thursday, March 01, 2007

Somebody Loves Me

I was on my way out from church the Sunday after service when something really familiar caught my eye. Something small. Something in only black, yellow and white.


Tada!



I never thought I'd be this happy to see the back of a tract.

Go, Chick Publications!
Keep up the good work.


They are da bomb la, I tell you. I grew up reading ChickLit. I loved them! Simple, direct and straight to the point, ChickLit got the gospel message across with very few words on even fewer pages. Well, I had the good fortune of inheriting my dad's collection so all I had to do was add on to it whenever I saw new tracts on the shelves.


Introducing my all-time favourite.



It sure packed a good punch during its day.

Still does.


I can't say I know for sure but the ChickLit trend seems to be dying here in Malaysia. Sigh. Heck, I don't even know where these babies are sold anymore. I used to get mine at Evangel Bookstore, situated in Midlands Park, Penang. Today, Midlands Park's way past its heydays and is barely surviving. Gone is the roller blading centre. Gone is the happening video arcade. Gone is my favourite Sar Pou Mee. Gone is the Evangel Bookstore (I think)… and gone is my ChickLit source. =(


It's been awhile since I last bought a tract.

I want to buy a ChickLit tract.


----------


No matter how badly things may turn out to be,
I know that Somebody always loves me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!