Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Break-Up Season 2007

I have written on this topic once before. Back on July the 11th, year 2006. Well, that year has come and gone and it's now 2007 – a brand new year. But I guess some things never change regardless of the number of years that roll by because it sure looks like that time has come around once again. Ladies and gentlemen, do yourselves a favour by keeping your heads up and your eyes open cos The Break-Up Season's back. And this time, it's back with a vengeance.


It's weird but honestly, I don't think I'm delusional. It really is a seasonal thing and it happens every year, without fail. No kiddin'. I've unconsciously kept tabs since The Break-Up Season 2005. That's three Break-Up Seasons to date. Three in a row, at more or less the same time every year – give or take a few of months. And seriously, nothing much has changed. Hearts still get broken, lives continue to get torn apart. Same old, same old.


It's scary. It really is. Nothing seems to last as long as it could. Nothing seems to work out as well as it should. Looks like everything comes stamped with a due date these days. Canned tuna, bread... and even love and relationships.


*blink blink*


I just read what I wrote. Damn, that's a scary thought – relationships with due dates. That'd be like dating a time bomb, man. No, wait. Sorry. That'd be like dating a guy, in an underground storage room filled to the ceiling with activated time bombs.


Sigh.


One thing I don't quite get about the season is this – many break-up with old flames after years of dating and start dating new lovers whom they've barely gotten to know, before the season even passes. A swap, maybe? I don't know. All I know is that it happens. It's the Spring Itch. Few actually leave committed relationships for a good dose of singlehood.


Well, the only good I can see from this is that when there are people who break-up, there are almost always those who make-up. Bad news for the former, good for the latter. Let's hope that for these fortunate few, it lasts second time around.


Well, I have to say that the realities of the season has set in for me. I'm happy for many. (Congratulations, guys!) Yet, I am deeply saddened by a number of unfortunate few who've been hit hard by the lows of the season. (My heart goes out to you.)


Yes yes, the time has come around again. It's Break-Up Season 2007. Ugh. I hate it. The negative vibes it's sending out isn't working out to well for me. I hope it passes soon.

10 comments :

ming said...

AaaaWww mannnn...I hate this...
I had been through that and I hope that was the first and the last experience for me..

=(

Pam Song said...

Yeah. Tell me about it man. But this year, it's the same thing again. Everybody at about the same time. Sigh. I hate it la.

Anonymous said...

if you dont know me then sigh...i'm disappointed. but good that you finally got yourself a site.

cl

ps: me no believe in break-up seasons!

Pam Song said...

Ooo! Haha. I TOLD you about it ma. Was deleting mail when I stumbled onto yours so... Since we were on it the last we spoke, NOW you know. =)

And fyi, if you didn't know, it only tells me that you don't read my blog. HAH! Busted. Now, feel guilty.

p/s: Break-Up Seasons happen okayyy.

Anonymous said...

....unable to reply, building in progress....

yeah i should feel guilty...sniff sniff

Anonymous said...

if you say it, then it'll surely happen right? :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Sphyrez
– Building what in progress? Your site? What talking you? And good. FEEEEEEL the guilt. It's about time.


ATTN: K.Lo
– WHOA! You're here! Haha. How are ya, man?! It's been ages! Didn't know you read. Hmmm... Or did you just stumble onto this page by accident? Haha.

And say what? What did I say? Waaaaaiiiit! What did I say will happen!? Nooooo!

estherlauderlyn said...

SEEEEEE so easy being UN-attached :p
no break-ups to handle and all that hulaballooo teehee.



ok i live in denial. I WANT A BOYFRIENDDDDD!! :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Esther
– WHICH ESTHER IS THIS!?! CHC wan ah? I ask last time di you never answer waaaaan.

Haha. See! Denial. It's all about self-deception. You can lie to yourself for a time being. But trust me, the love/family/baby pangs will come. They always come. And you can't exactly feed or quell all those pangs without a guy. Heh.

Sakura said...

u make this sounds scary to me.. sigh~ i had it... i really don wan another break up.. but i cant guarantee tat neither.. :( sigh sigh...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!