Monday, March 12, 2007

I Have Not Been Forsaken

Artist: Hillsong United
Song Title: None But Jesus

In the quiet, in the stillness
I know, that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
There I am restored

When You call I won't refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose

[CHORUS]
There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion, I know
You’re sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give, me grace to do Your will

So when You call I won’t delay
Bless my soul, through all my days

[BRIDGE]
All my delight is in You, Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You, Lord
Forevermore

I have allowed the pressures and traumas of my very temporary existence here on Earth cloud my view of the works of Your hands. I've lost sight of its majestic beauty and awesome wonder. I lost it all in less than 24 hours. Sigh. I want to wow at Your mind-boggling, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping Creation again. I want to enjoy this life I lead. I want to celebrate every day like it's going to be my last.


Help me do that.

Your Word tells me that You will never leave me nor forsake me.

I am not alone.


"In the quiet, in the stillness
I know, that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
There I am restored"


"In the moment of my weakness
You give, me grace to do Your will"


Restore me, O God, for I am weak. Give me strength for the journey that lies ahead. And in all things, I pray that You help me do only what is pleasing before Your eyes.


"There is no one else for me
None but Jesus"


---------------------
Deuteronomy 31:6
---------------------

6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them;
for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you.
He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

– New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!